1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friends Girlfriend...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ShadowJ, May 5, 2014.

1. ShadowJ

The land of unpredictable weather- UK of course ;)
    I'm just looking for advice on how to approach this situation. Basically, one of my friends has a girlfriend (let's call her Gemma) and they've been together for around 5-6 months. However, they're not really that close. I feel sorry for the guy because one of my other friends is always around his girlfriend, and him and the girlfriend always flirt with each other. Seriously, they're more like a couple than the actual BF and GF. I can't imagine how bad the BF feels seeing this happen- even some of our mutual friends have agreed that its not fair on the BF. So I told my flirty friend that he acts like he is trying to steal Gemma and is overly flirty with her, but he just insists they're friends having fun. Clearly not. The GF is not exactly innocent- in fact, she instigates the flirting a lot of the time. But then I don't really talk to her so I couldn't really confront her. Gemma and the flirty friend are constantly messaging each other, doing snapchats and flirting. The actual BF doesn't talk to her much (rarely actually) and they don't message each other as much as the flirty friend does. Help :help: I just feel really bad for him and want to help out.

2. ShadowJ

Anyone? :icon_sad:

3. ShadowJ

Wow, no one? No advice?

4. Lifesbegun

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Have you spoke to your friend about how he feels about it, that may be a good start point?

5. Lifesbegun

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If he thinks it's an issue you could try making a point of it next time they flirt infront if your friend, like saying they should get a room or something, that makes it obvious it is inappropriate ?

6. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not entirely sure what you think you can do? It's often necessary to take a step back and not get involved in other people's relationships (hard as that may be) and that's what I would advise you to do. If your friend is unhappy about what is going on, it really is up to him to decide what to do.

Your intentions are good, but it might not be seen that way by all concerned if you involve yourself in this situation without being asked. You could end up the biggest loser if they all decide you have interfered.

Be supportive, but don't overstep the mark.

7. WearyWanderer

This is the best advice I could give you here. I would stay on the sidelines for this one if I were you. However, do be supportive of your friend, as this is probably hard for him.

8. BIazn07

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think the BF is totally oblivious about it, if they are doing it right in front of him I'm pretty sure he isn't that blind. He's probly just choosing to ignore it for whatever reason he has. Ya definitely something you might not wanna get involve in. I know you're just concerned about your friend but he chose not to so anything about it