1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Talking to Crush Alone

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by newfish, May 5, 2014.

1. newfish

I've decided that before the school year ends I'm going to tell my crush I like him (and that I would understand if he didn't feel the same way, etc.) However, I don't really know how to talk to him alone. I talk to him in classes and if we're both hanging out after school, but I don't see him outside of that. So I guess I'd say we're friends who aren't close or on the closer side of acquaintances. He's normally with his close friends during and after school, and occasionally I see him alone before school, but even then I don't know how I could get him alone without it seeming awkward.

I could use Facebook, but for one it's impersonal and also I have had VERY awkward Facebook chats that other people have started, and I would not want to put ANYONE else through that on the off chance that he could like me back and not find it super awkward. That option is ruled out.

So how can I talk to him him alone without being weird about it?

2. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well...
    Personally, I would try and become a closer friend of his. Try to start more conversations, invite him to hang out or something. Then when you're both closer an opportunity should present itself :slight_smile:

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, you need to get to a point where you can plan a meeting. Trust me, waiting around for the right moment will take for ever, and the right moment may never come.

4. Trooper

Get to know him better by talking to him during the chances you get at school. Try to spend time with him outside school as well. If you're not ready to ask him out and be just the two of you, plan some activity at your place or elsewhere where you can also invite others. Of course, in reality it's just an excuse to spend more time with him. :slight_smile:

5. newfish

Thanks for all the time put into reading it and responding! I agree with getting to know him better in school and approaching him to start conversations, and normally I'd agree about planning to hang out with him outside of school. There are a few things that make that more difficult. For one, I'm probably a 20 minute car ride away from him, so it takes some planning. Second, I'm as close with the rest of his friends as I am with him (and I expect it will stay that way, because when I see him he's always with them), so it might seem odd to single him out. Then if I tried to hang out with a group, I'd feel like I was weirdly excluding some of them unless I invited all of them, but they're all freshman and I'm a sophomore so then it feels weird for me to hang out with them unless I also brought some of my closer sophomore friends, but then it's like 8 people suddenly. Am I just overthinking this, or do you think it could still be strange? I would want to ask him out now if I had the opportunity, but to be honest I don't think I will see him without other people being there.