1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Relationship confusion

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Nrobernnnn, May 6, 2014.

1. Nrobernnnn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Me 22/male have been dating my boyfriend 21/male for 6 months. I care about and love him but I'm starting to think I see him more as a friend. He seems perfect, he cooks, is nice and is always there for me. But my feelings for him are starting to dwell, not only that Im starting to lose physical attraction to him. I now look at other guys way more and at one point came close to cheating( but didn't). We hardly have sex now and It dosent even seem that good.
    He seems perfect, so why have I been contemplating leaving him? We are both still living at home and both only open to friends but not family. He's taken a break from work and is choosing to not study till the end of the year. While I on the other hand am planning on going back in a month, Its been somewhat stressful as I am still unsure on what career to pursue.
    I hinted that there may be problems and was planning on asking to take a break, but he looked so sad so I chickened out in the end. He seems to think and feel nothing is wrong and even said he wants to spend the rest of his life with me. I dont feel the spark or excitement we once had when dating for the first time. I have no idea what to do. :frowning2:

2. polarpol

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think you should talk to him. Tell him what's bothering you, ask if he's in the same place...you're in a relationship, the most logical thing is for both to be able to discuss things like the grown adults you are, specially if it's about your partnership.

But I'm the village idiot when it comes to romance. I'd suggest you to wait for a second opinion.

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree that you should talk to him; not talking will just make things worse. Taking a break may be a good idea, but the reasons should be clear to both of you. Is this the first relationships for both of you?

4. Nrobernnnn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yes this is my first relationship ever, but for him its his second. I don't want to make him sad but It looks like I have no choice. I just hanged with him but I couldn't stop thinking about how I can only see him as a friend now, despite our time together.

5. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You might talk to him about the lack of sexual satisfaction. Also, he might be trying to maintain the relationship more since he's the only one to experience a break up. Ultimately, you don't want to be obligated to stay with him, but you also don't want to be fickle. Try to think more about what you really want in a relationship and why you're distracted by other guys, to the point of considering cheating.

6. Sotv

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why did you first start going out with him?
    Before breaking up with him or saying something that can't be taken back it'd be a good idea to change what you do together if your in a rut. For example go out for drinks or a hike or away for a weekend just you two. Not being able to act openly infront of your family whilst living at home must be taking a toll so it's be a good idea to get away for a weekend before you decide.