1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Straight" Girlfriend, A Twisted Problem.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by simplesun, May 6, 2014.

1. simplesun

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey there,

My girlfriend and I have been together for around a year and a half. She's beautiful, amazing, and perfect for me. But the thing is, she says she's straight and every once in a while we have issues with her pushing me away 'cause she's kinda not able to accept the fact that she's in love with a girl. But every single time that happens, she ends up pushing those feelings away and she comes back to me. Last month it happened again, and when she wanted to come back, I told her I won't take her back until she completely accepts the fact that she's in love with a girl 'cause I felt it's high time she truly confronts her feelings. She told me that she is totally in love with me and that the sex is great, but sometimes after sex she gets these pangs of guilt that she's doing it with a girl and that makes her feel like running away. At first I didn't understand, but then I realized that something needs to be done about all this 'cause I don't think I have the strength to be pushed away like this. When we're together it's just so amazing for the both of us 'cause we love, respect, and care for each other a lot, and the emotional connection we share is wonderful. But I told her that acceptance comes with love, and that she needs to figure out her stuff. So we're currently on a break; just talking, and no sex, but I have no idea where this is all going. :confused::icon_sad:

2. BIazn07

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    the break is definitely a good idea aside from the fact that either something good or heartbreaking news will come out of it. my only question is where is she getting this "I'm straight" idea from? are your relationship out for everybody to know or not? maybe something is causing her to feel that way. and I'm guessing by her reaction that you're her first gf so I'm thinking maybe it's overwhelming her. it just took a while to sink in. let her know how you feel Hun. she probly not wanna hear it but she needs to. she needs to know that by pushing you away and claiming that she's straight is hurting you and your relationship. just give her the Time she needs and hopefully when she finally figure things out its something that will take your relationship forward not backwards. Good luck!