1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to being a lesbian

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by GayNurse95, May 6, 2014.

1. GayNurse95

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I accepted the fact I am a lesbian.
    I need some tips on being in relationships, meeting girls, and health.
    I am a butch looking for femmes. And hoping to find someone close to my age.
    I need help on:
    How do I ask them out?
    What some of the best ways to get to a girl's heart?
    Where can one find Christian lesbians?
    How do you maintain a same sex relationship with unaccepting parents?
    How do I introduce her to them?

I am not doing anything sexual until marriage. Which brings me to the question,
    how do lesbians have sex?
    What do they do?
    Thanks

2. frostedflakes

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    BaptistLesbian,
    I first want to congratulate you on accepting that you are a lesbian. It is not easy for one to accept one's self, but, I am glad that you got through it. There are many places to find tips about your sexual orientation. There are a lot of great internet resources out there, as well as LGBT groups out there to meet people who are in the same situation as you.
    Asking a girl out should be no different than asking a guy out. Just treat it the same way as if you were asking a guy out.
    The most important thing about getting to someone's heart is to just be yourself.
    If your parents can't accept you for who you are, that is their problem. If you like a girl and are in a relationship with one, don't let anyone, including your parents, prevent you from being with another girl.
    You can introduce a girl to your parents just like you would introduce a guy to your parents. It is no different.

3. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Hey there! Maybe I can help!

How do I ask them out?
    I think the best way to do this if you aren't on a dating site or don't know if they're gay is to try to stay on friendly/platonic terms at first so you can find out a bit about them. Meaning if they are gay or how they feel about gay people. A lot of straight girls can get defensive if they're asked out, so we always have to know unfortunately :frowning2: Otherwise, treat it as if you were asking a guy out.

Depends on the girl. Try to study her personality and see how she likes to express affection. I also agree with 'just being yourself'.

I'm not too sure about this one. There may be some attending church, but chances are they wouldn't be out.

This is a difficult one. If you are a minor, this is especially difficult, but once you're an adult your parents have no say over your life. If they don't want to accept you, that is their loss, and they'll probably come around if they love you and realize you can't change.

No different than with a guy, but it can be difficult if someone is closeted. Other than that, you just go up and introduce her :slight_smile:

how do lesbians have sex?
    What do they do?

Anything involving the genitals counts as sex in lesbian culture. That means, oral, manual (fingering), tribadism (rubbing vulvas together) or penetration via a strap-on dildo.

I think when someone says "I want to wait until marriage" the only things that should be allowed before marriage would be kissing and masturbation (With yourself, not involving your partner). Otherwise It's a huge loophole and kind of breaks your promise of waiting until marriage. Some straight christians will try to loophole that rule, but I think when it comes to lesbians (who can't have traditional sex), we have to completely hold off from all temptations.

4. ChainsrGone

Congrats on the acceptance of yourself! That's a huge step and I hope you're proud of it! Here's my two cents on your questions, and everyone is going to feel differently, and by no means do you have to accept my advice. Make everything your own :slight_smile:

How do I ask them out?
    You just ask lol. If you are interested and feel they might be as well, just ask :slight_smile:

In my opinion, honesty and open communication

Local LGBT groups, online dating sites. They're around, just like Christian guys :slight_smile:

Not an easy feat, but it's your life. If you are out to your parents and they don't accept, it's not as if how they feel will change you. Do what feels best for you, follow your heart.

Again, this is something you just have to follow your heart on. They may eventually come around and accept it, even if they don't like it, because they love you and want you to be happy.

I am not doing anything sexual until marriage. Which brings me to the question,
    how do lesbians have sex? What do they do?
    My wife and I were the same way. We waited until we were married. Beforehand it was just kissing and cuddling. There are many ways that lesbians have intimate moments. As stated above, orally, through touch (personally I think this is great because females have a way of reading each other and knowing what feels good so it's so different from a man/woman relationship), and many of things already listed above.

Feel free to ask anything else you may want to know. I know myself, and others will gladly help!