1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interested in a guy, not sure if he's gay

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Sek, May 6, 2014.

1. Sek

Sek

I've got a crush on a guy in one of my classes at school. I'm a (currently) closeted gay guy, my reason for being closeted is that I'm waiting to be entirely independent before I come out so if there are negative reactions, I can remove those people from my life until they want to accept it. However, I don't make an overly big effort to hide it - I openly have 'typically' gay mannerisms/interests, such as Beyoncé. :lol:

I've not known the guy I'm interested in long, only since last September but recently we've become better friends. He's an intelligent, handsome, genuinely sweet guy with a great sense of humour and if my feelings were returned, I would consider taking our relationship further.

There's nothing that outright says to me he's gay or he's straight. After adding him on Facebook, I checked out if there was anything where he'd been in a relationship with a girl but I couldn't find anything. He does have a friendship(?) with a guy whose sexuality is questionable, and they can be somewhat playful and flirty with each other. I'm unsure if it's just boys being boys though.

Although he has typically straight interests such as football, him being closeted is possible. He does however have some mannerisms about him which could possibly signal his orientation. I realise that I shouldn't judge from his interests since they say nothing about sexuality, but I have little to work with.

I'm unsure how to make my feelings clear without openly bringing my sexuality into question. I am interested in him but I don't want to make things awkward either, since he is someone I would like to have at least a friendship with. Is there any advice you could offer me for overcoming this problem? (I know a simple solution might be to just outright say it, but it's not the solution I'd like.)

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this and reply. :slight_smile:

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Try hanging out with him one-on-one, even for something as simple as lunch or coffee. That way, you deepen the friendship while also getting to know him better and evaluating if he really is sending some deeper signals.

3. machinegundwarf

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    skools almost over, flurt like hell. if anything happens u wont have to see any of em for a while and wen skool starts again theyll all have forgotten

4. dapulu

So which one are more interested in...a relationship or a friendship?

I suggest you start hanging out more with him so you can build a friendship together :slight_smile: