1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to let go of control due to fear?????

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Wolf123, May 6, 2014.

1. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Okay I will admit I have a very difficult time letting go of control. I seem to get very scared when I lose control of a specific thing or situation. For example, I grew very uncomfortable when someone (who I like-not going to happen because she has a boyfriend) walked over to me when I was a little upset. She was at first mentioning how I am a closed book and that she just would like to get to know me more. She then started reading into how I said about how I didn't believe in love and that there would be more hate than anything-she didn't like me saying this. She approached me physically walking over to me and I just stood there and I could tell based on my body being so tense that I was extremely uncomfortable. I don't know if she noticed, but I literally had to step back because I felt threatened-anxiety and such. She didn't like run over to me and everything, she just walked over to me and approached me about something-didn't expect.

I am just curious if others do this too. Meaning the whole threatened. I don't know if it's because I kind of like her or if she just caught me off guard. At the end, I walked away upset and told her to stop analyzing (I don't think she was doing this-basing my experience on someone who used to do this to me) and then walked away. She approached me again and said she felt what she said was just making matters worse and I had to actually had to tell her that I didn't want to talk about it at the moment. I am just confused on why I reacted so much to what she said. I feel that she reminds me of someone so much it scares me, but my counselor keeps reminding me that they are two completely different people. Anyways, right now I am trying to do my best to be friends with her.