1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do I do about this guy?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ChameleonSoul, May 7, 2014.

1. ChameleonSoul

It seems that I'm stuck in an awkward situation. I have a crush on this guy that I've known for about two years. I would consider myself closeted as I've only told a few close friends about my sexuality and I don't plan on being fully out until I go to college in two years.

I do have one thing going for me if I decide to make some sort of advances. I know for a fact that he is gay: he told me and a few other people in November. He doesn't fit the "gay stereotype" at all though as he has "straight" mannerisms that don't make him stand out to homophobes.

I'm completely clueless in knowing how to go about this, though. Should I try to just push my feelings aside or just take a chance and go for it? I do consider him a friend and wouldn't want to ruin our friendship over some hormone-induced fling that might not last forever. If I did decide to go for it, I'd make sure that wouldn't do anything until I'm sure he has feelings for me.

No matter what I do though, I am going to come out to him at some point. I just don't know when. If anybody could give me some advice, it'd be appreciated. :help:

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Get closer to him. Try to hang out one-on-one. Coming out to him would be important, and then you could tell him your feelings.

3. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If there's something I've come to realise lately, it's that sometimes we can just relax, take things for what they are and see how they go without worrying too much.

If you like this guy, just ask him out and see how it goes. If you're worried about being outed, you don't need to make it sound like a date or anything at first (just a simple "hey, wanna go see that movie sometime?") or just ask him not to out you. Coming out to him like resu said is also an option.

If you want to pursue it, go for it. Let it go where it takes you. You might end up together, you might not. I can't see it doing much harm to show a friendly gesture :slight_smile:

Oh, and you two can be in a relationship without being fully "out"... I know people who have done it for ages xD