1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to flirt

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by TheMopPetal2, May 7, 2014.

1. TheMopPetal2

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I'm a 22 year old bi guy and i have no clue how to flirt. I joined an online dating site and have had a few guys and girls email me but it seems like we just get into this friend zone sort of thing and just talk about the latest video games or movies and theirs no back and forth vibe/dialogue that happends in a romantic/dating sort of way. I also want to be able to flirt with someone I like in person but i dont know how. Can anyone give me some good flirting tips? I've really only had one girlfriend my whole life and that was in 7th grade so I'm pretty clueless to this whole dating and flirting thing.

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The best way to get someone interested in you is for you to be interested in them! Simple really, but it's not easy. We tend to talk too much about ourselves and divulge everything on the first date!

So here are a few tips:

1) ask open-ended questions (questions that can't be answered by either yes or no), and try to talk less than the other person, people love to talk about themselves and tend to like the people who listen.

2) use their name often (think of how you feel when you hear your own name uttered, good huh?)

3) do not lay your entire life on the line in the name of "authenticity", maintain a sense of mystery, allude to things you've done in the past without getting too specific. The person you are with is hoping for something out of the ordinary, the ordinariness of their own lives. Allude to some special thing you do...

4) use misdirection, in other words, getting to the goal (sex, relationship or whatever) is so much more fun than actually achieving it. Focus on friendship but always with a bit of a sly smile, teasing; spontaneous gifts work well too!

Consider these points as starters, seduction is a skill that should be learned, and there are many books on just this subject. Start with The Art of Seduction by Robert Greene, an excellent compilation!

#2 greatwhale, May 7, 2014
    Last edited: May 7, 2014
  3. wanderinggirl

Make him/her laugh! Don't try too hard, keep it genuine, but developing that connection is one way to make you both feel more at ease and open with each other.