1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know how to cope with these two things

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by jonnemack, May 7, 2014.

1. jonnemack

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's been some time I don't post here on EC, two months actually. For those who has a great memory and remember me, good! Otherwise, here I am with a situation...

1- I didn't have to come out to my crush, he actually found out I was gay indirectly, just by the way I talk to him and that's good. The first problem is that I didn't tell him all my problems, we are friends and we never had the chance to talk about intimate stuff. I feel like I need to tell him I am not out at all and I don't want to be, at least right now. How to cope with that?

2- We actually came closer to each other after a week of tests at college, he is one year younger and I think I helped him a lot. We talked everyday about school stuff, but again, never about personal stuff. Second problem is that he is now on my bus to college, there were two and he moved to mine. I feel like I need to sit with him everyday for obvious reasons, but I don't know if he is confortable with that. At the same time, the other guy I used to sit with is one of my best (straight) friends since first year (I'm senior), and I believe he feels like I betrayed him. How to cope with that?

Thanks everyone in advance, I hope I kept everything organized.

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    1 - Since he knows, tell him you don't want to be out to others, yet. What else can you do?

2 - Sit sometimes with your straight friend and sometimes with your crush. You could be fair and sit with the first one you see. You definitely don't need to sit with your crush always; sometimes people just want to be alone.

3. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Just explain to him that you don't want to come out yet. Maybe you can talk about personal things other than your sexuality first, to gain each others' trust.

You don't need to sit with him every day, as well. Alternate between the two of your friends to sit with in the bus.