1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asking out my Coworker?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Balloonwolf, May 9, 2014.

1. Balloonwolf

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Morning, everyone!

I've been working the same job for over a year, and I'm very grateful for that and love what I do. Well, around a year ago, someone started working with us, and I found her very cute, but I decided not to do or say anything to stay professional, and my life was in its own rocky place.

We've chatted and laughed with each other throughout our time working, and a week or two ago, we started growing closer as friends: we went to the dog park together with her pooch, we started messaging each other daily, and I was asked to go with her today to the mall, to help her find an outfit for her job interview tomorrow.

I'm interested in asking her out, and, of course, I would communicate with the superiors about the relationship if it happens, and I'll need to tell my friend that I identify as genderqueer; but would it still be too soon to ask her out, perhaps? I've noticed that she seems excited to talk with me, we joke, and we do enjoy our time together whenever we can. While we are busy during the semester with work and school, would it be rushing to ask her out as a casual relationship?

2. Dino14

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I say do whatever you feel is right! Even if you have misread the signs and she isn't interested in that way, she sounds like she likes you enough to be respectful about it and not turn it into any kind of drama.

Either way, it sounds like you have a great relationship either way so just go with your instinct and whatever feels right to you :slight_smile:

Hope this helps!

3. ChameleonSoul

As long as your employers are alright with it, I would say there's nothing wrong with asking her out. It sounds like she feels the same way about you as you do about her. Just do what you feel is right: the worst that she can do is say no. Good luck!

4. Balloonwolf

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I ended up asking her out, and she told me to ask her during the summer when she's less busy. I let her know that's fine, and I understand if things don't turn up. The night ended on a positive note, and she had a great day today, so I'm pretty positive regardless that she said no for now.

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! You made yourself vulnerable by asking her out, not knowing what the outcome would be. I'm glad the night ended on a positive note and that you are taking it so well. :slight_smile: