1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ow, hate is a b**ch (Update)

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Sam2, May 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam2

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    So for those who don't know i had a pretty bad reaction to telling someone I'm gay. He punched me twice in the face with brass knuckles, and broke my eye socket.

(For those who do know this and have been following this) lets forget the drugs and all that other fun stuff for a minute.

So I went to his hearing the other day and was amazed with all the charges the state was pressing. They are as follows: 1st degree assault (Assault with a deadly weapon)
    Minor in possession of a contraband weapon (brass knuckles are illegal in CO)
    Minor in possession of an unregistered hand gun (I nearly shit my self when the judge said that one because he could've gunned me down instead of just hitting me) Resisting arrest
    Assault of a Uniformed Officer
    And this next one is the kicker, I wasn't expecting to hear this at all
    Attempted murder.
    "How do you plea?"

"Not Guilty"

This guy is fucked those are all some pretty serious charges i mean damn.... he's lookin at life.

2. newfish

That sounds nasty! I hope you're okay. (*hug*)

3. ChameleonSoul

Well that sucks! Goes to show you though that hate crimes can land you in the slammer for a long time. I hope you feel better soon.

4. Tectonic

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well, everything he gets, he deserves.

However, those are the charges. He won't do time for all of that, so no life, but time he'll do. He'll probably be found guilty of the assault and weapons charges and the rest will be dropped.

5. Sam2

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    The D/A told me they were pushing for life because he apparently threatened a cop, and me. And since he had the gun they were gonna charge conspiracy to commit murder, but dropped that one. Either way now that the court process is started itll probly be a long time before any verdict/sentence is declared. I don't think he'll get life. But he punched a cop while resisting arrest, and i know that's 3 years right there. just have to wait and see

6. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Good to know that you did report him in the end. He definitely deserved it.

7. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow, you really dodged a bullet. I'm glad you didn't get aggressive with him. I hope this teaches him a very hard lesson.

8. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's a blessing that he decided not to use the gun. I feel for you, but in a way I also feel for him because either he's been raised with hatred, or he, himself, is a closeted poof and is suffering so much self-hate and anger that he projected it both on you and on the police officer.

I hope you get to eventually feel a sense of closure and are able to use this opportunity to help lift yourself to a better place. And I hope that he has the opportunity to think about his actions and perhaps use whatever time he has to serve to better himself as well.

9. Sam2

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    @resu: Yea no doubt about that! But if he came to my house he would've been in for a surprise because I too am a gun owner. The difference being that I registered my gun, bought it at a store, and it is not a pistol (as buying a pistol before the age of 21 is taken very seriously in CO) But if i had decided to get revenge I certainly would not have brought the gun, but if he already had a concealed one, that could've ended in my death.

@Chip To be honest I feel guilty, He's 18 just like me and his life may be over. You should have seen his face when the judge said "attempted murder" you could feel his terror, he started sweating and tearing, it just made me think wow he's my age and I'm willing to bet he won't even think of doing something like that again. He deserves prison time, I want that both for personal and legal reasons. But as you said he was taught hatred or hiding himself, (The D/A has shown me much of the evidence they are using against him, it's veeeery strong. And there is no longer any doubt to me he will be found innocent) call me too forgiving, but I Don't want to see him end up in a prison cell for 25-life because he had a moment of explosive stupidity and hatred (Hate can be unlearned)

That being said it does bring some closure still. While i partly feel guilty, I think of all the long term damage he has caused me, and knowing that he is seriously regretting what he did or at least scared shitless makes me feel.... I don't know Avenged haha

#9 Sam2, May 10, 2014
    Last edited: May 10, 2014
  10. Sam2

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I accidentally put that he would be found innocent. typo, haha there is no doubt to me he will be found guilty

11. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

I'm not the type who rushes to scream "lock him up!" every time I hear of someone breaking the law. (IMO, a hell of a lot more attention and funding could be spent toward rehabilitation instead of incarceration.) But frankly, this guy sounds like an absolute, fucking animal. Best that he's locked away from inflicting other harm on society for a time.

Really admire your strength for enduring this!

12. RedDev84

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Wow Sam. I read your earlier posts and admittedly forgot about it to check on the outcome. (So many posts on here, and goldfish memory here)

My heart dropped when I read through your first post on here, and that was before you even got to the attempted murder.
    I was in a very brief moment of shock myself, quite an unbelieve story that has escalated very quickly.

Seeing what Chip wrote is what confuses me so much though about every case, big or small. We probably won't know exactly what lead him to this stage. I really feel for you though. It's good to get justice but there's a whole mix of emotions that come around it I can imagine. You sound like you're handling it well.

Will you keep us updated on what he gets?

13. Sam2

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Yea I'll keep updating, and um I could be handling it a lot better lol. I believe he should go to prison and be there for at least 5 years. But the D/A is pushing for life and to me that's wrong. yea it's a very complex cocktail of emotions over here. but even if i dropped the charges he wouldn't be let go. he has too many other charges and attempted murder is apparently a capitol crime (I thought murder was the only capitol crime but not here)

14. all paths

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow.

I'm just really relieved, to be honest, that he's at least got strong enough charges to get a not-insignificant portion of it to stick, so he'll be in jail for an appropriate amount of time and not get some crap slap on the wrist with no lesson learned. ...And then be out on the streets, angrier than before, and willing to take even more dangerous actions & risks than before.

Attempted murder can be difficult to prove, I'd think...like, it seems to me it would be harder to prove than murder itself.

So I don't know that I see this guy at real risk of being put away for life. But then again, I'm no attorney and haven't seen details of the case. *shrug*

Anyway: Question: Is the 'assault with a deadly weapon' charge for what he did to you with the brass knuckles, Sam?

Because surely what he did to you was assault! - I just wasn't sure if brass knuckles were considered a deadly weapon?

I guess I'm mostly asking: Which or what of the charges he's facing relate directly to you?

15. Sam2

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    yes the assault with a deadly weapon is for his attack on me. I never considered brass knuckles a deadly weapon before, but if one punch to the eye can break both the outer rim and plate under the eye, and require me to get surgery for it, I consider brass knuckles deadly.

The specific charge on my behalf is Assault with a deadly weapon, and attempted murder. But i truly don't believe he tried to kill me. I was very disoriented after 2 punches and fell, I could no longer defend myself, if he wanted, he could have easily beaten me to death. Or shot me.
    And part of me wants to say that to the D/A or judge, idk

16. Closetlesbian99

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Holy shit! That asshole deserves prison time. I hope your eye heals soon.(*hug*)

17. all paths

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, that pretty much sums up my reaction, too! D:

Well, thanks...now this makes more sense. And yes, if he can break bone anywhere on your skull with brass knuckles, just imagine one strike to a spot that is thinner & more delicate on the skull, such as the temple! A hard enough crack there could have killed you, I'd think. :/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.