1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why am putting distance between myself and others?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by kansetsunikki, May 9, 2014.

1. kansetsunikki

I'll start with few things I know about myself right now: I try to be as nice, considerate and helpful as possible. I do stuff friends do, except not recently. I noticed that I've become more grumpy, more quiet, then ignore them when they greet me. I've always been like this at home, but I barely show this side of me to others, and it's not that "I'm just getting comfortable around them" stuff, it's not. I feel awful and I'm worried.

What I'm more worried about though, is that, I've reached the point where I would intentionally avoid them. Normally, I'd take the bus to school with my friend, given that our house are really close. But now, I will either wake up extra early, or extra late (even skipping my first subject) just to be able to take the bus alone, and same when going home. I don't answer calls, don't reply to texts, and been skipping school just for some time alone.

It's not them, they didn't do anything wrong, it's me. Am I scared to get too close? I don't want anyone to feel bad or worry about it so I talked to her, I told her I'm just thinking about some stuff right now-- and it's true. It's not major stuff, mostly about myself. I've been one hell of a hater of myself lately. I don't understand myself anymore as much as I used to, and that scares me. I feel like I'm not the person I wanted to be. I'm losing motivation, I haven't been as responsible as I was before, and I don't get excited over stuff I used to be excited about anymore. There are people I can relate to, but not connect. There's no one I can connect with, and that thought alone feels lonely.

Ah, really, anyone wanna bet what's wrong with me?

2. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't see if you're out to any of them so I'll assume you're not. Any chance you're realizing your orientation is something other than str8? And that there are well founded or irrational fears your friends will reject you for it? So you're avoiding them as a pre-emptive measure? Even maybe give them OTHER reasons to be annoyed at you?