1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When someone says they are stuck?????

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Wolf123, May 9, 2014.

1. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am trying to figure out ways to understand what people mean with specific things.

One person who I have grown fond of has mentioned to me that she is stuck. I am assuming she is stuck in life, but I wasn't sure if I should ask her why she felt stuck? She tries to open up to me at times, yet I don't know how to just because I know once I open myself up, I will likely get hurt. I have done it before and it felt like I was in hell. I would really like this person to know she isn't alone, but gah it's tough for me. I know I sound selfish trying to protect myself. I am just curious how others approach someone who says they are stuck. Do you ask why or what?

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If she is comfortable to tell you she's stuck, then she wants some help. So, you should be okay asking her why she feels stuck. You could also ask when she started thinking like this or maybe what are the things in her life that she would like to change.

3. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you for your response. I am going to try this route. I just don't want her to feel as though I am prying so I shall see.

4. Seekingmyself

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Your post is interesting, seeing I feel "stuck" myself. What I feel is that I'm stuck in a place that I cannot seem to get out of. A funk that keeps growing and growing. You go on with life, but the feeling is always there. I kow there's a way out, but getting there...I'm still unsure of...but seek help in finding it.

5. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I can relate to you. It is like you don't know which way to turn to get out of a maze-a metaphoric way. I just have a hard time admitting that I am stuck as well. I feel like I can never get out of the stage of feeling sad that I get so scared of relationships, especially when its an emotional connection. My issue is while I would like to help the person realize she isn't the only one stuck, I feel that I just can't say anything because again scared of the emotional attachment it may bring.

6. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I usually show I can relate. Like someone says they are stuck so I say I know that feeling because I feel stuck or felt stuck myself and may add some little details. It may help open the other person so they naturally start talking more about it, or at least make my asking more natural, I think.

7. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The issue I am feeling is that we have nothing in common (her and I). At times I have to admit I feel like I am bugging her, but then when I don't talk to her I hear it-atleast in the past I did.

8. Seekingmyself

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It's so hard...you want to communicate but scared of the emotional attachment. I have had a woman in my work life for quite a while. She was actually the woman that made me think differently about my sexuality. U crave communication with her but at the same time put up a barrier because I'm terrified of my feelings. Is this making any sense? Hense the stuck feeling. I am usually a very strong, independent woman...but I obviously lack some courage to confront underlying feelings.

9. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You took the words out of my mouth. I confessed to her I had feelings for her. She said okay and we got closer as just friends which I am happy with. She didn't berate me or anything which is something I liked. I opened up more to her, but know there will likely be nothing that comes out of it besides friendship. Doesn't mean I have to stop liking her, but I have met her boyfriend and he seems like a great guy so I am happy she is happy :slight_smile: I would rather be her friend than nothing so I want her friendship :slight_smile:

10. Seekingmyself

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I have pondered the thought of telling "my person" how I felt or feel about her...I imagine telling her over a glass of wine when I'm older and when I'm leaving my career or something. It's on my bucket list lol. Until that day comes though, I live my life with my attraction to her muted by my day to day life...it' weird and I'm not sure many can relate.

11. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know how you feel. I keep most of my crushes to myself which is tough at times because I just feel lonely at times with my feelings :frowning2:

12. Seekingmyself

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual