1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is she looking for attention or is she interested and confused?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ogzltheeve, May 10, 2014.

1. ogzltheeve

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    so i have a huge crush on this girl who i've been friends with for a year. we're both girls btw and i'm a lesbian. she just recently figured out that i am like a week and a half ago from mutual friends. which is weird because I thought she did know, although I never directly stated it to her. So anyway, I went out last night and she seemed a bit touchy feely than usual. it's our last week in college before we graduate so we all went out with friends to a bar. however, I kinda noticed she was more comfortable with me than she normally is when she's drunk. she was putting her arm around me quite a bit last night. and she's never really done it that much before in one night. later in the night she kinda disappeared to talk to some guy friend of hers. When she came back to the bar I was talking to a mutual guy friend of ours (and i was actually talking about her) and when she came back she put her arms around me and then over my shoulders and said from behind if i wanted to grab grab pizza with her and another friend. she said it in a overly friendly tone. and our mutual guy friend kinda noticed it after i told him. he told me it was weird that she came to me first with her arms around me. i noticed a text from her that read "where are you?" which i missed. so when she came back from pizza i ended up talking to another guy friend and she looked over in my direction and called my name out "daniellleee" and then reached her arm across the bar and over our friends and we touched hands for a lingering moment. enough to make it awkward and enough for our guy friend to notice it as well. However, she ended up calling her ex boyfriend who she's not sure if theyre still together. and he slept over her house that night while i was there. but before he got there i was laying on her couch with other friends and she layed on top of me for a brief moment which she's also never done with me before. I honestly don't know if she's being overly friendly, flirty, or if i'm reading too much in between the lines. She did have a lot to drink but enough for her to kinda know what she was doing. I really want to confront her about this because the frustration is really building up on me and although her actions are really subtle it's starting to really get to me. I wanna tell her that I actually like her too.

---------- Post added 10th May 2014 at 10:48 AM ----------

when i was talking to a mutual guy friend about it last night he mentioned how he was in a group chat with her and some other friends of ours and they mentioned something about me being lesbian and they said that she wrote back to them and said she thought i was straight because i hang out with a lot of guys. which is really weird that she thought that because I honestly thought she knew all along that I was a lesbian although I never directly said it to her. because all our our mutual friends know so how can't she know? unless she was playing stupid.

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    She just might be curious, and realizing you're lesbian (though, your member profile says bi) may have loosened her inhibitions. You know what else loosens inhibitions? :wink: Anyway, since she knows your sexuality, it seems okay to tell her your feelings.

3. ogzltheeve

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual

Yea I thought the same..It's complicated. I just don't know how to approach her about it without throwing it in her face.

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Maybe trying meeting her one-on-one for coffee. That way you can give some strong hints that you like her more than a friend.

5. ogzltheeve

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    The thing that really gets me frustrated and unsure if I should approach her about it is the fact that what she did that same night when me and a couple friends slept over her apartment that night. Her ex showed up at 4 in the morning to sleep over with her. yet theyre supposedly not together. it puzzles me. because she says he's an asshole. before he stopped by she was being affectionate to everyone. and i was lying on her couch not really saying much. and she came and lied down on top of me randomly for a few seconds. which she's never done with me since i've known her for a year. i kinda can't tell if it means anything or if she's just doing it because she's needy and wants attention which i figured could be the reason she let her ex come over so late. and i know that she was drunk too.

the next day she texted pictures of me of that night but i didn't respond immediately. i responded an hour later and as soon as she responded she responded back quickly to my response saying "so cute" and then later on she asked me at 11pm "so what days are we hanging out this week?" since this is our last week before we're done with school.

I'm just puzzled. because i think she's leading me on but I don't want to be wrong about it.