1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jealously issues with Ex-Girlfriend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Trentacles, May 10, 2014.

1. Trentacles

hey hey…. so is it weird to be upset that my ex-girlfriend is dating some other guy now? I mean yeah i already have a bf and it's my fault that i broke up with her since i'm gay, but i didn't expect to feel jealous over this. i don't know if its just me being possessive or what. :confused:

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Why should you feel jealous if you're gay? I can understand being protective, but jealousy only occurs when you feel insecure about something that you value.

3. jnr183

If you have a bf now you should be happy for her. Otherwise it's not very fair to your boyfriend. Unless her new bf is a jerk, that's a different story!

4. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    She didn't wait long did she?

I think it is natural to have some 'residual' feelings and for feeling a bit sad about it … but I think it will pass.

5. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think it's normal to feel a little bit sad or even annoyed about it, even if it's not a really logical reaction. The important thing is to realize that this shouldn't be a problem for you and just let it go. You're going to seek a different path to find happiness and she'll have to do the same. :slight_smile:

6. Trentacles

lol to be fair… i waited less.

i think it's more of a "ugh i don't want you to date that guy" type thing since i really don't like him.

---------- Post added 11th May 2014 at 02:06 AM ----------

i don't know. like i had a small amount of romantic feelings for her but absolutely nothing sexual. i think i'm just being stupid and wishing she still liked me.

but yea… i'll live.

#6 Trentacles, May 10, 2014
    Last edited: May 10, 2014