1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Roommate

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by KittySaysHi, May 10, 2014.

1. KittySaysHi

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My roommate is a lesbian and I am bisexual. About a month ago, we were both really bored, and it was really late, so we made out. We've fooled around a bit since then, but not too much.
    But anymore, I can't help but notice her. I mean, woah. My roommate is the definition of my type: she's blonde with short hair, she's a bit taller than me, she's funny, she's smart. She makes me so happy, and I love spending time with her.
    But I can't have a crush on her. It's not right. She's my roommate. Plus, she doesn't like me like that. I wish she did, but she doesn't.
    How do I get over my mini-crush on the girl who sleeps in the bed underneath mine?

2. jnr183

If she is fooling around with you, what makes you think she doesn't like you like that?

The school year is almost over- how long will you be roommates for? I'd say that if you are moving out soon and you really don't think that she likes you then you shouldn't say anything.

But if you are going to be in the room with her for a while then you should probably talk to her about it. Getting things in the open and being honest are really helpful.

Let us know how it goes!

3. KittySaysHi

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    But she fools around with a few girls, actually. I'm the one that no one knows she fools around with. We've decided that we're going to be roommates all four years, so I still have three years and three weeks left. I don't really wanna talk to her, because she always tell me I remind her of a girl back home who broke her heart and I don't want to ruin our friendship.. I'm so frustrated! >.<

4. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe she doesn't tell people about you for a reason. Maybe she really does have feelings for you and she's trying to figure them out. Does she date any of the girls she tells everyone she fools around with?

And I think that if she keeps telling you that you remind her of a girl she used to like then there must be a reason for it. I don't think she would just randomly tell you that.

5. KittySaysHi

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, I feel like there is definitely potential chemistry between us, but she's afraid of commitment and my parents don't know I'm bisexual... ugh!

6. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I think everyone is afraid of commitment to some level. Especially people just starting to date. You know, getting to know somebody and getting close to them and then it ends up not working out. I think you should talk to her about it and see if you guys can figure it out together.

As for your parents, try to see what their views on bisexuality are first. Just bring it up one day and see how they respond. Keep in mind, they may be ok with the whole topic of bisexuality, but not so much with you being bisexual.

7. KittySaysHi

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    UPDATE: Some girl she's had a huge crush on all year just came out as bisexual. I thought my roommate would be ecstatic, but lately she's been in an awful mood. Maybe it's something I did? I can't seem to cheer her up. I've been doing everything that usually makes her happy. I make her bed, I leave her cute notes around the room, I let her play her music instead of insisting on mine. I even let her be rude to me without saying anything! How am I supposed to cheer her up if she will hardly talk to me? (She insists that it isn't intentional, but still...)

8. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know some gay people aren't too fond of bisexuals...maybe that could be it? Please nobody scratch my eyes out! It's only a theory and just from things that I've heard!

9. KittySaysHi

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I definitely think that's valid, but I'm not so sure if that's why she's upset, considering a lot of her friends are bi.

10. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh ok...then I'm not sure. Maybe she has more personal things going on. Or there's things between her and her crush that nobody knows about...

11. Kesha

Kesha Guest

K what u need to do is talk if you ignore her everything u 2 have goes down the drain I know I'm only 13 but I know relationships if you can't talk just listen she will practically tell you if you can listen the right way. If that fails give her hints if she made out with you she might just have a thing for you!