1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating advice?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by damn liar, May 11, 2014.

1. damn liar

Hi guys, haven't been on here in a long while, but I have a bit of a situation and I'd like some input. :slight_smile:

I met a guy online a couple of weeks ago and we instantly clicked. He's smart, funny, cute and for some reason likes me. We talked daily, sometimes even for 2 hours on the phone (let it be known I have anxiety issues about using it), but haven't met yet. We were going to soon (he lives a few hours away), but now I'm not so sure.

I told him two days ago I was planning to meet with some other guy, since he asked me repeatedly and he completely flipped his lid. He said it was a date, and I assured him time and again that it wasn't, that I wouldn't do that and if I wanted to go on random dates I wouldn't tell him about it. I reinforced these points yesterday, adding that I really like him and want to try and make this work (neither of us has been in a relationship so far) and apologized if this hurt him...

And to all that he said 'fair enough' and that was it. And since then I've been the only one who initiates conversation. And when we chat he's cold and distant; he answers my questions and occasionally asks some in return, but it's not the same and I don't get it. :frowning2:

Is it my fault? That thing with the guy really wouldn't have been a date, but I don't have many friends as it is and I'm awkward socially and wanted to work on that. And more importantly, what do I do now? My plan as of now is to give him one more day and if he doesn't come round tell him that I'm going to stop messaging him because I don't understand his reaction and don't know what to do. And also, he has my contact information if he wants to talk, but if he doesn't do it reasonably soon to not bother at all. Good idea, bad idea?

I'm all sorts of hurt and angry and confused now and just want things to go back the way they were.

Anyway, thanks for reading, guys!