1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A gentleman and his mom talking about his gender.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by FireSmoke, May 12, 2014.

1. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

"Mom, I cannot define myself as gay. You know, I came out to you as gay but it isn't correct. I feel like a guy, I am a guy. And I like women. So, I cannot define myself as gay but as straight"

"Straight?" *looking confused*

"A straight man. Because you must see only my gender identity and not my sex. Straight cis-gender folks take for granted that a born male person feels like a man also inside. The same for the women. But it isn't my case. I'm born female, okay, but I'm a guy. I'm pecurial" *make a sweet smile*

"Oh...okay. It seems logic!"

"So, please, don't call me gay anymore"

"But you said to me to do that!"

"Yeah, it's my fault, in fact. I have to be coerent for myself and for the people I love"

----------------
    Some days after
    ----------------

"Mom, I have to say something"

"Tell me"

"Remember, whenever you listen awful words about people like me, don't care. Do you believe in God, no? Then, if I were an error, an awful person, God wouldn't help me with anorexia when I was five, no? You always thought that God helped me to survive"

"Robin, what are you saying? I love you!"

"I know, mom, but you have to love me for who I am, not for a person you want I were. Otherwise, it isn't true love. Am I wrong?"

"Of course. You have to be happy of who you are"

"And don't think I'm going to become a different person from whom you met in the past. I am the same person, even if I dress manly. Because it's from my soul. You won't be worried about that. You have to be worried if I dress like the most feminine girl you've ever seen. It's very dangerous if I'm continuing to "be an actor".

"Yeah, a person could become crazy"

"Do you remember Cher? When we saw her son's documentary? She says parents haven't to be worried because a person like me just wants to be himself without being a liar. What I'm saying, then, isn't from my mouth but from another mom's mouth. Even is Cher is a star, she's also a mother"

"But Chaz exaggerated"

"What???"

"Don't misunderstand me. I meant that if you change your sex, I'll very worried about your health!"

"If there weren't risks?"

"No problem. If you want to do that, do that"

And we talked about manly clothes and similar stuff.

So, I just realised my mom is supportive. Even if I feel a little lost, maybe it's the beginning of my new life. It'll be hard because my sister isn't supportive and also childish but I'm optimistic.

Just wanted to share this with my friends of EC :slight_smile:

#1 FireSmoke, May 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2014
  2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Glad to hear she took it well and is being supportive :slight_smile:

3. BelleFromHell

Congratz~! (!!)
    I'm so happy for you!

It took me a lot of guts for me to come out to my godmother as a lesbian, so I'm sure it took you a lot of guts to come out to your mom as a gentleman.

I wish I could be as comfortable with being a lesbian as you are with being a gentleman. :astonished:

4. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    HOORAY!!!!! I'm so happy for you!

(*hug*) (*hug*)