1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General frustration/ advice wanted

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by qwe, May 12, 2014.

1. qwe

qwe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, don't really know where to start - below is just a collection of ramblings and frustrations I guess, need to let it out and don't really know anyone I can share it with

So I've more or less accepted that I'm gay now since mid last year maybe and have been focusing on building up friends maybe more.
    But it just feels like I'm getting nowhere.
    I've tried internet dating a lot and just get more depressed when I start speaking to someone maybe meet them and keep chatting...then suddenly BOOM...nothing (only I see they've been online a lot since). I feel like I've wasted so much time and energy talking to them (I don't find talking to strangers that easy) for what?
    I'm normally a good judge of situations, I'm aware I come across a little nervous when meeting people but when they keep chatting to me after the date and we same to have a lot in common...to be suddenly ignored is what I hate.

Recently this came to a head (hence this post). I met someone in London (I live two hours north but go down 1/2 weekends a month) and he seemed so friendly, different, really into me. We got on so well and met up a handful of times over 2 months

Recently he'd just been on holiday so I texted him after he got back, his swift reply started "Hi Sexy". So I messaged back saying I was coming down in 2 weeks but didn't hear back, since I texted him again and now yesterday and not heard a thing. Was very surprised as I was sure he'd reply.

Now I'm desperate to text again, just asking why he's lost interest - I know it's not my automatic right to know - but I'm having a hard time moving on from it. I guess I didn't know him that well - but it was the first time I genuinely felt like I'd found a friend for life and just so gutted now :frowning2:

Just wanna know what's changed or bring some closure to it, even a text saying "not interested leave me alone" would do.
    Is it a good idea to send another text and directly asking for a reply? If it was you would you reply to a message like that?

Just sick of this attitude that being gay means its ok to be rude and arrogant, I'm always flattered (at least when they are a similar age) when someone likes me even if I'm not in to them and always take the time to say sorry I'm not really interested.
    Not that I care when a stranger doesn't message me back - but when it's someone I've invested my time and energy into I just find it really hard to cope with, now haven't even spoken to anyone else for 2 weeks - I know there's people I still need to respond to myself - but just can't face talking to anyone right now :frowning2:

Would also be glad of any similar feelings/ experiences, dating advice etc. as I really don't think I'm cut out for the dating scene

2. jnr183

Unfortunately a lot of people in the dating scene seem to find it easier to simply ignore messages than come out and say that they are not interested. I don't know why that is, but it is super frustrating to be on the other end of that. It is something I would get used to if you are going to stay in the online dating scene.

That said, it may be worth trying to go about other ways to meet people- activities, volunteering, etc., where people get to know the real you instead of just seeing you as a profile that they can ignore when they lose interest. I'm about to plunge back into dating and online dating is one thing I am not looking forward to!

Good luck.