1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I tell my friend about my boyfriend?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by MtnFr3sh, May 12, 2014.

1. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Okay, first of all, I happily have a boyfriend, we met on facebook (yeah yeah I know) We really like and met back in February. And we talk a lot. We skype as often as we can, and by the way. He's in the US Navy and really sweet (and cute :3 ). As of now, he's stationed in the middle east. (He gave me an actual location but I just can't remember) He was in Jerusalem the other day and bought me a cross with my birthstone, and had it blessed. (I'm not big on religion, and neither is he, but I love the thought, it's beautiful. Though I'm not all that big on religion I believe these symbols protect from demons which do exist) Anyway... We like eachother and we plan on meeting up in October. And, well... I think I might want to tell a friend about him. The friend I trust the most. The one I first came out to. And NOBODY else can know about this one. I swear, nobody. Not only would my mom definitely kill me, she might try to get him in trouble because he's in his early twenties.

So, should I tell my friend?

2. Gen

Gen

You should never tell anyone anything that you would never want the world to know.

Truthfully, I'm going to have to lean on the side of the reservations that you are having. Two teenagers boarding the age of consent being together isn't that large of a margin, but even without giving us specifics this guy is still over four years older than you. I would strongly consider rethinking diving into this relationship.