1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bad mood. carnival? Oh and did I not tell you I'm gay?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Sam2, May 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam2

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    So the first part of the day sucked. My dad had surgery which will somehow help reduce his pain, as he is dead against opiates, he will do almost anything that he thinks will make it so he doesn't have to take them. he refuses to take anything more than 20 vics every few months. and he has cancer... like he didn't break his arm or anything. He is in a continuous battle against a painful disease with several surgery's. So i knew he was gonna be in a lot of pain, but then theres my mom making things.... well lets just leave it with she wasn't helping. So I was very worried about my dad and angry at my mom, and me and garry aren't in the same school anymore, so at first it was just all around a shitty morning. But come 2nd hour he texts asking "Hows your tuesday going :slight_smile:" long story short we were both having a crappy day already. So i just changed the subject to roller coasters hahaha. Asked what his favorite roller coaster was?
    "I've never actually been on a roller coaster" (a little side note there is a county carnival here, every year. And it just opened because it's usually warm by now)
    So I asked if he wanted to go to that after school because he needs to ride a wicked coaster haha I get out of school at 5 because of missing work, but that left plenty of time. "That sounds amazing!" he said "But i have no money"

"Not a problem, i do" I said. So we went and then he tells me he's never been to a carnival. How is that possible I wonder.(I mean he works a minimum wage job, and carnivals are the broke mans amusement park lol) so I took him on his first roller coaster which of course lead to like 5 others, and one of those things that just raises you up and drops you, goes back up, drops ex. I can't remember what it is called haha. But then we just started going to the booths and playing the games and all that, won a bear for my boyfriend :grin: and suddenly i saw a friend of mine with his girlfriend just doin the same thing we were gaming it up. So we walked over and to say hi. He just said oh damn, whats up man! who's this your chilling with?" Gary looked to me cause we had just talked about that, I told him I hadn't told any of my friends that I'm gay (friends who dont go to school with me" and he just looked worried.
    Without missing a beat I'd just like to add lol. "This is `Gary my boyfriend" i said as I pulled him close and he just looked so excited, it made the initial discomfort from coming out go away.
    "Damn bro... I feel like you're messing with me" I just looked at Gary and gave him a big kiss. Then said "Yea bro... Oh, wait, did I never tell you I'm gay?"
    "Noooo, haha I mean it's cool, no judgements at all I just didn't know is all, I'm just a little shocked." his gf immediately introduced herself and was really nice it was a lot fun. But it got to be closing time (10 pm) so it's time to leave `Gary dropped me off at home. It was 10:30, since I told the Dr. I'd be gone till around this time so his the deliverers would be here soon. I just went inside to her my mom continuing to yell and cussing at my dad which had been going on since this morning :/ "Ugh I'm done, listening to this shit" went into the room to ask how my dad was feeling, and..... just looked really bad :tears: So i had to carry him upstairs. And Gary texts <3 Today was both amazing and sucked haha but way more amazing. Do you think it makes me a bad son to feel more happy about a great night with my bf than sorrow for my dad. I realize that's probably a stupid question but with my mom screaming and shit and me hanging with `Gary all the time he has virtually no support. I mean just damn, I feel like I should be helping take care of my dad, because if that's his support then..... its even worse than mine. But still I had such a great night and Gary seems to agree that both coasters and carnivals are awesome! I remember his smile when I told my friend we were dating, and that thought alone just seemed to make his day great, so it kinda made mine too! :slight_smile: but advice is welcomed

2. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is an amazing post.

I hope everything works out for you x

3. all paths

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aww :slight_smile: That is so sweet! I can just imagine the look on Gary's face when you pulled him close and intro'd him as your boyfriend too. :slight_smile:

I am really really sorry about your dad, Sam. :frowning2: I just hurt for him. I wish that you could live just with your dad and Gary. Your dad would have you, and you'd help take care of him (and certainly not beat him down like mom's doing), and you'd have Gary. And, of course, Gary would have you! :wink:

For your mom, I wish that she would be able to get help, and that she would want help, you know?

There are already enough things that are sad going on though. I want you to be able to focus on the good things. Because, like they say, you've gotta get yourself strong enough first, before you can be strong or help others. So this is why it's not only okay to be a bit 'selfish' (if you see it that way) at this time, but probably necessary. There are times when the human survival instinct (which is inherently self-focused) is good. And I think addiction recovery is definitely one of those type of times.

(*hug*)

I will keep your family in my prayers, on your behalf, Sam. I personally do very much believe that they are heard. I'm gonna pray that your mom & dad and your brother all come across their own angels, right now, who walk into their lives and help them in the ways that they need it most.

You're doing so good. Thanks for posting this. :kiss:

4. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What a great post, Sam! Congratulations to you for your openness and coming out to your friend. You did the right thing for your BF too, you're an awesome guy!

You honored your father and gave him what you could; your life is bittersweet, as most of life is...but you did such an amazing thing and brought joy to two hearts in one day, that is quite an accomplishment!

Hang tight, there are intense days ahead, but you'll handle them just fine!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.