1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help me stop lying....

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by CorinK, May 14, 2014.

1. CorinK

CorinK Guest

OK, so I met this girl at a club and shes super cute and stuff.. and she really looks like a boy, I had to ask if she was. Shes 20 and I told her I was 18, I almost am, that's not super important cause i'll tell her eventually. The real problem is the fact that I, drunkenly, told my mom she was a boy and showed her a picture, i'm not out to my mom and don't really want to be. We've been texting and planned to hang out this weekend but my mom wants to meet "him" first.. soooo now we're all,mom and brother, going to the zoo. So my question is who should I tell?? I don't want to hurt/offend, we'll call her M, M but I think maybe she'll understand? I'm not going to ask her to pretend to be a boy just not to be shocked if my mom refers to her as a him, or to out me. Or, the less likely option, I could tell my mom but I don't know how she'll react, she doesn't have much love for the LGBT community.. this is really stressing me out.. any advice?

2. Nick07

To tell the truth, it looks like you think you mother is a bit slow... Do you really think that she is not as smart as you? What about your brother? He won't recognize your gf as a girl either?

I am afraid that your gf will be offended. Is she out? I think that you two need to have a talk and you need to respect her wish. You can also introduce her as your friend, not a gf if you don't want to come out to your family.

3. CorinK

CorinK Guest

Well my brother knows.. but you are right now that I've given it some more thought I will tell my mom beforehand. Thank you!