1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sexual tension when relating to other gay people

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by marcos220000, May 14, 2014.

1. marcos220000

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello,

I'm a gay student, who's always been very shy and who's recently started to be more open about his sexuality. One of the things I started doing was approaching other gay guys, something I hadn't done before.

For me, things get kind of tense when I'm around other gay people and we talk about gay topics. I get nervous... I feel like there's sexual tension. Could it be because it's something I had repressed for so long?

Has this happened to anyone?

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, it could be that there is sexual tension between you and other gay guys...the only thing new is that you haven't let yourself feel that until now.

3. Nicosa

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey!

Well that's perfectly normal. I wasn't able to even express some guy was hot to anyone! Not even my best female friend. It was quite frustrating, you just have to give it some time. My advice is not to give in to any kind of pressure you will know when it just feels right to talk to some gay guy just make some friends!

I'm my experience I felt the same thing first, like there was this "tension". But it was all in my head, I had to relax and get used to being around gay guys (it still makes me a little uncomfortable with some guys). If you had suppressed it for a long time then you will love the feeling of being completely free to be whoever you are :eusa_danc, just give it time.