1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My first relationship?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by zigg, May 14, 2014.

1. zigg

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I started talking to this guy on whisper about a week and a half ago and we have been talking non-stop(we started talking on kik like 4 days ago)! Yesterday, I was totally caught off guard when he asked me to be his bf. I said yes because i really like him but the thing is he lives in Texas and I live Georgia. This is my first relationship and then to top it its long distance. We have only known each other for a short amount of time and we are already together. I feel like I rushed into it but I really like this guy (i catch feeling quickly and easily). So I need advice on how I should go about it, It's not that I don't trust him, but I feel like he could be messing around even though he doesn't seem like that type of person. What do I do? Did i rush into it? I need advice on how to handle this situation.

2. frostedflakes

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think you should wait to get to know more about him before you become a couple. I have been in this situation in the past, and, I have been on both sides of the spectrum. I have learned that if you rush into something, you will get burned in the end. The fact that you live in different states isn't as bad as someone who is in Canada or China. You don't have to worry about Citizenship or anything like that, like you would if you were in an international relationship with someone. I suggest that you just tell him that you want to get to know more about him before you begin a relationship with him.

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You two have never met in person, know each other for less than two weeks, and live very far away (Texas and Georgia aren't different countries, but they are hundreds of miles apart). I don't think that fits the "boyfriend" label at all. I wouldn't say you're really together as a couple, and so I don't know how things could be rushed.