1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need advise

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by gloomy, May 14, 2014.

1. gloomy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok so I found this cute guy on facebook and we seem to have a heap in common and I added him and he accepted we have spoken via messaging couple of times and I have spoken to guys a few times but somthing just feels diffrent about him I cant stop thinking about him I have not being sleeping properly and being getting anxiety I want to tell him I like him but we have only known each other for a few days .is it too soon I want to ask him if we could possibly meet up somwhere but dont know what to do any advice would be great I havent being out of the closet for long and im new to the whole meeting guys so im verry unsure

2. UIOP

OK, so I'm assuming that you have never met this guy in real life before. Is that correct? Social media can be a really great way to meet new and interesting people and I would say that, if you feel ready and want to ask this guy to meet you, then you should go for it.

However, please be careful! This person might not necessarily be everything they appear to be. It's easy to post false information online. You never know, he may well be a wonderful guy and you may get along really well. But, if you did meet up, you should really do it somewhere public until you get to know him a little better - like a cafe or something. Just in case.

Sorry for such a long answer but also have you tried seeing a therapist or councillor about your anxiety and insomnia? It sounds to me like you're just in love which is really super! But, again, look after yourself, buddy. I wish you good luck and hopefully much happiness :slight_smile:

3. gloomy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey yeah we haven't met in person before and Im really keen on him but dont know if he is. I have met 1 other guy before off facebook and I made sure it was in a public place just down the road from my sisters place (she is also gay so she knows the difficulties I am faced with) because I know of the dangers in meeting people I did say we should meet up sometime but he didnt say much after that and he has my number now so i guess I will wait and see
    thanks