1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asking my friend out

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by polarpol, May 15, 2014.

1. polarpol

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Okay, so...I've been thinking about dating my friend. She knows I'm bisexual and I know she is, too, but we're both in the closet and we both live with our families. This semester we're barely seeing each other, though we talk through Facebook regularly, and I know next semester we'll be in the same grade, maybe even the same classroom.

We have a lot in common, and I like the idea of being with her. But I don't know if I should wait a while, since I realized my sexual orientation around last month, my mind is still a whirlpool of confusion, we're both busy, and I'm not sure if I want to keep the relationship in such a tight secret.

Should I just keep things to myself or do something? If so, what?

2. Rumpletubb

Follow your heart. If you just have realized your orientation, your head will be a complete mess.
    Start off with casual dating, so there's no pressure from either her or you.
    If you aren't sure, wait a while so your mind have time to calm down.

Do what feels right but just don't rush anything.
    I know it's exciting to explore a newly found part of oneself, but rushing will only do damage.

If she is a friend and you do start dating while still closeted, just act like regular friends around people whom are not supposed to find out.

Good luck!

3. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    The above is true... since you recognised your orientation just last month, don't rush it. Do what you think is right. Figure things out a little more, and then do what you want to :slight_smile:

4. polarpol

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks a lot, people! I'll give myself a few weeks to be sure. :slight_smile:

(Sorry for the delay. Real live it's been keeping me busy)

5. Rumpletubb

Just take your time and take ut easy :slight_smile:

Good luck!

6. polarpol

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Fuck i asked her!! My heart has never beaten this loudly! I'm shivering! Me and planning do not go well together!!

---------- Post added 17th May 2014 at 04:17 PM ----------

She said she needed time. Of course. But I tried.