1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going out while closeted

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by medic, May 15, 2014.

1. medic

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi there. Fairly new here.

I'm a first year at university and only recently realising I was closeted (weird concept). In the first term or so I tried to get involved in as much as possible in terms of going out (which here pretty much consists of crap clubs here.) Every time I went I was pretty good at talking to girls but I just eventually got bored. I once got as far as getting a number but the idea of meeting up always seemed a bit weird. Not something I'd look forward to.

Eventually the novelty of getting drunk a lot has kind of worn off but not so for everybody else. I would just go for friends but they're not much fun drunk either. I just end up dancing like a baphoon which is kind of fun, but is it really worth it? Could this be because I don't get anything out of meeting girls? I have a ticket to go somewhere tonight which I should be looking forward to (and others want me to go), but honestly I don't really want to. I much prefer maybe going out for food or watching a film (out or in) for example. Always makes me feel like a bore though.

Anyone else feel this?

#1 medic, May 15, 2014
    Last edited: May 15, 2014
  2. Trooper

Hi,

You say you prefer going out for food or watching a movie. How about asking your friends to do these things with you, instead of going out clubbing all the time? Alternatively, you could go out with someone whose company you are particularly fond of (a closer friend or a crush).

Personally, I don't enjoy clubs a lot either. But they can be used to make contact with people whom you can grow closer with later, for example by adding them on Facebook the next day and saying what a good time you had at the club, and that you could try other activities in the future.

3. medic

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I decided to go last night and I had a lot of fun! My sorta-crush kissing me may have played a part... Put me in a good mood :slight_smile:

4. Trooper