1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My best (girl) friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by GayTeen, May 15, 2014.

1. GayTeen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I've never really had that many friends in my life. This year I finally found someone who I really like (not romantically, just as a friend). She is my best friend, and I know she considers me one of her best friends. We've been great friends for nearly eight months now.

I'm just wondering, how can I show her that I genuinely care for her, and I don't just have a random crush on her. Also, of course she has friends that she has known for much longer than she's known me, so how can I gain her trust?

And a third question: she doesn't have very good self-esteem and because of a bad past relationship, she doesn't think of herself highly at all; is there anything I can do to help her with this?

These are not questions that have anything to do with my orientation, so please just leave that out of it. I just want answers to what I asked. Thanks! :slight_smile:

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I always think doing nice, small favors that show you care is a very good process.

3. GayTeen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Also, I don't have any contact with her outside of school (because my parents don't let me text OR call others), so how can I make the most out of the time at school that I am with her?