1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Proposal Advice?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by aazbell, May 17, 2014.

1. aazbell

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello, I am new here. I need some advice on proposals.. So, I plan to propose to my boyfriend on our one year anniversary this October. I planned a trip to Tokyo so we will be there for our anniversary, he has always wanted to go to Japan one day. I have the plane tickets and hotel booked, but I'm at a total loss of how I should go about this. I know nothing about Japan and even with research its hard for me to come up with something clever!I was thinking maybe make a day trip to the area around Mt. Fuji? If anyone has any tips are advice I would greatly appreciate it!!

2. Trooper

Wow, I have no advice to offer but I hope it goes well. :grin: Hopefully someone will provide a more helpful response.

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Mt. Fuji would be nice, but it might be pretty cold in October. It's also often covered in clouds/fog.

You might try to see if there's some festival going on (there are always festivals in Japan). Maybe you two could go to Kyoto and dress up in traditional kimono. Japan has so many beautiful things. Even a temple/garden would be nice. Miyajima island with its ocean torii (red gate) would be nice. Try to find some Japanese friend who can suggest other proposal sites.
    Japan National Tourism Organization | Suggested Itineraries | Festivals & Events

Please keep us updated on what happens! It's really nice to see real examples of gay marriage, especially for the younger members.