1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asking someone out

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by GayTeen, May 18, 2014.

1. GayTeen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I want to invite my friend out to a baseball game this weekend. She doesnt know that I'm not exactly straight, so how can I make sure she doesn't think I'm trying to make a move on her? I just want to go as friends. Thanks! :thumbsup:

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You could ask a third person to come along, so that your friend doesn't think this is something more intimate. Or, you could say directly that you want to go "just as friends." Since your out to several people, why not tell her?

3. PurpleLily

Out Status:
    A few people
    Maybe it might be time for you to talk to her about it. It might actually bring you guys closer, and you'll have some support and maybe opening up to her could shed some light on many aspects. But I do understand not being ready to open up about it, some things take time. Just think about it, it could make the relationship a lot less complicated, and would eliminate any otherwise expectations she may have.