1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Supporting my bi best friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by PurpleLily, May 18, 2014.

1. PurpleLily

Out Status:
    A few people
    I have a closeted bisexual male friend that is interested in mostly men, very few people know and his family definitely does not. Sometimes in person he will discuss his being bi a little bit, but never through text. I have many gay family members and I've had a few gay friends, but I've never been close with any of them. Sometimes I get scared I'm going to say the wrong thing to him. What are ways I can bring his being bi up without offending him in any way, what would be appropriate and what wouldn't be? How do I let him know I am here for support? He's admitted he's been trying to find himself for years now, how can I help him do this? I am also trying to find myself, in many different ways. It's one of the things we have in common. Would it be wrong to try and find him dates? I know this is a lot but I'm not sure how to make him feel completely comfortable discussing it with me