1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feelings I shouldn't have

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by JakeHas, May 19, 2014.

1. JakeHas

So I have a friend, an amazing friend. We are probably the closest you can be before being a couple (and we're both gay). We always help each other out if we're feeling down and are just always there for each other.
    Recently he has gotten a boyfriend and he was telling me all about how he spent the night and cuddled and everything. Usually that would be good news but it hurt me, a lot. Like I didn't talk to him the rest of the day because I was hurting so much from it. There were even points that night that there were a couple tears.
    The thing is, I don't even want a relationship with him, but then this hurts so much... I don't understand why. I don't want to feel like this, but every time I think about them it stings and brings me down.
    How can I fix this? I don't want a relationship with him, yet it hurts when he is in one with someone else... Blah I don't like this feeling. It hurts.

2. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it's natural to feel a sense of loss. Your best friend, who used to be exclusively intimate with you (although platonic) has now been taken by someone else. Feeling for you friend or no feelings, you're bound to feel sad/lonely/jealous.

I'm very sorry you're hurting :frowning2: I know what it's like...
    The best thing you can do is just distance yourself from him a little bit. Don't shut him out, just only talk/do stuff with him when he initiates it. Try to distract yourself with other friends or perhaps a hobby or something.

(*hug*)

3. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have no advice as I'm going through this with my best friend also... I feel ya. (*hug*)