1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I being selfish?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ETCA, May 19, 2014.

1. ETCA

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a large group of friends and five of them are bi girls. For the past couple weeks, two of my friends (we'll just call them Jess and Lily for now) have been dating. They're great together and Lily loves Jess. The thing is, school ends on Thursday and Jess decided that meant she had to break up with Lily on the last day, since they're going to different schools after this summer, but they'll still be living in the same town. To add to this, that day is also Lily's BIRHTDAY.
    I like Lily. I wish I could be with her, but I'm also her friend. When she started crying over it in English and our other group of friends were comforting her, they said she would find someone who would always be there for her. I want to tell her that I would be there for her, but I also knows she really likes Jess and I know I need to be there for Lily as a friend. I'm also still trying to figure out whether I'm bi or lesbian.
    Am I being selfish for thinking of myself in this situation? Should I stay out of relationships while I'm still trying to figure out my sexuality?
    Most importantly, is there anything I can do to help Lily keep Jess? She's really desperate to keep her and I want to help her. If nothing else, at least answer this.

2. Sarah2695

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    No, I don't think you are being selfish. This is a confusing time for you and would be odd if you weren't taking the time to wonder about this. I am not sure if there is anything you can do to make Jess stay with Lily. Obviously, the relationship didn't mean enough to Jess to make the distance work. I am really sorry for Lily and I hope she finds someone soon. Also, I hope you figure out your sexual orientation soon:slight_smile: Good luck:slight_smile: