1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Height difference?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by PrinceFabulous, May 20, 2014.

1. My new boyfriend is about 4 inches shorter than me. Since we're both guys, is this a huge or small difference?

2. Lukas17

Well that's not a lot, unrelated to that you're both guys. If I might ask you how tall you are? :slight_smile:

3. ornoir29

Same between me and my boyfriend, never even considered the problem.

We can be different in age, height, weight, colour (eyes, hair, skin), shape, etc. But as long as you like him and he's good to you, no difference should matter.

4. I'm Five foot eight,
    He's five foot four.

5. Lukas17

As ornoir29 said if you love each other that shouldn't make any problems and it's not a huge difference, it's only 4 inches :grin:

6. photogSIL

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I personally like to have my partner around my height. Maybe an inch or two difference. For some of us that are "vertically challenged".. its a little comforting lol

7. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's a modest difference. And it's a problem only if either of you think it is.

Lex

8. mangotree

Personally, I'd like to have a partner around my own height, it'd be kind of exciting, but unfortunately there's not many to choose from (I'm about 6ft3/6ft4).
    Most of my partners in the past have been 5 or more inches shorter than me and it hasn't really made a huge difference romantically.

9. Camerooon

I don't think it should matter. I'm pretty short at 5'6-5'7ish, so hopefully that won't make any difference in the future.

10. Gregarity

I'm a sucker for height differences, so it wouldn't bother me, at least. Four inches' difference seems to be pretty common, anyway.

11. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think that is a huge difference! Most people are taller than me and I eventually became used to it. My boyfriend is 5 inches taller than me. We don't care. Other people might have a problem, but that's THEIR problem. What matters is that you and your boyfriend are comfortable with it.

12. Hiems

Yeah I don't think a 4 inch height difference will pose any problems, unless either of you feel otherwise.

I'm 5'5" which is shorter than average for guys. This is good because I prefer being the shorter guy. Being with a guy either the same height or taller is ideal. That shouldn't be hard to look for anyway because most guys are taller than me.

13. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My husband is probably six inches shorter than me--never even thought of it as a potential problem...

14. Princess Danica

The only reason why height difference would even remotely be something for me to think about is because I'm a sucker for dominance. If he's shorter, I won't feel quite as 'taken' or dominated because I'm taller and that doesn't make me feel submissive. Idk. Otherwise, height makea noo diference! Lol

15. Gen

Gen

"Boyfriend" is a very important word on this subject, because he clearly doesn't care.

Height has never been an issue in my experience and I am a modest 5'5".

16. Hyaline

My other half is 4inches taller than me and I am 6'1". Oddly, I am normally taller than most ,but at home I feel like the short one. It doesn't seem to matter to either of us honestly. But both of us being taller it is likely that we simple don't understand what it is like being average height. No, I didn't mean that in a bitchy way either. But something to keep in mind, when we bought our last car, we had to buy a car my other half could drive safely and comfortably. And we've had several friends remark that their car has plenty of room until my other half climbs in and looks like a sardine stuffed in a can.

Long and short of it, 7 years since we met and I don't think height has any effect on our relationship. Embrace your differences, love the person for who he or she is. If you are hung up on the height thing, then it is likely they simply aren't the one...