1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Family is causing STRESS

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by bornthiswaybby, May 20, 2014.

1. bornthiswaybby

This past weekend, after a year of my parents ignoring the fact that I'm gay and being in denial, my father comes home in a fury because my mother mentioned the fact that I am still the same and won't change.

The next morning (after I shed many tears the night before), my sister shows up. BTW My parents had advised me, the year prior, that they would prefer I didn't tell anyone else. So I didn't, even though I knew my sister would be completely accepting. My sister and mother both stare at me after I get out of bed and of course my mother went and TOLD my sister that I'm gay without even giving me the chance which bothered me. Then she told her husband. It's all very awkward for me.

My mother also told me that if my father kept being unaccepting, he would be gone. But I don't want to feel like the reason my parents split. That is so upsetting.

Oh and now I'm in a predicament where I'm unbelievably stressed, and the only way to vent to friends is to out myself to them which has happened multiple times today at school. I have a feeling I'm going to end up fully out with word of mouth because so many people know now. It stresses me out and I don't know why and I have no clue how to deal with all of this.

Sorry guys, I had to vent. Thank you very much if you read it all :kiss:

2. Clay

Don't listen to your parents, tell who you want, it's your life not theirs.

3. literalmerida

Well, first of all, I'm sorry that your dad doesn't see, to be very accepting.
    Second, Pluvia is right- It's your choice who you share your personal information with and what you tell them. It's not their 'secret' to keep hidden like it's so disgraceful or whatever (trust me, I know. My relationship status on facebook was 'dating so and so [a girl]' and they flipped, telling me I can't just let everyone know I don't just like the D.)
    Venting and telling your friends is healthy and all, but if you don't want to go about it by being out, then maybe you can tell some online friends?

My wall is open, if your ever in need of a friend.

4. bornthiswaybby

Thank you both! The main issue at hand for me is the fact that I know in the back of my mind that my dad isn't accepting whatsoever. I have reached a point of not caring when it comes to who knows, because it's my business who I tell. That was something I struggled with last year! :slight_smile: But now it's just knowing I am not accepted and that I could break my family apart. I just feel like my existence is very problematic and unfortunate for everyone around me :icon_sad: