1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel so alone.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by tulipinacup, May 21, 2014.

1. tulipinacup

After a recent break up with my long distance boyfriend for 3 years, I realised how I don't have any friends at all. He was basically my best friend too. I never thought I needed someone to just talk to because I already have him but after what I did to him (I posted a thread about it a while ago), I lost not only my boyfriend but my best friend too. I wish I could get to talk about all of this in real life, but sadly I am not out yet and my family who are christians think that homosexuality is a sin.

I've only opened up about my situation to my psychologist and to my cousin but I still feel sad and lonely. There are no support groups here in my country and my cousin lives in the U.S. so we only rely talking on facebook (which we rarely do since she's busy with her work and school).

2. HeavyHeart

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Maybe you could start a support group in your area? I'm sure there are other people near you who could be going through the same thing and are looking for supportive friends too.

3. tulipinacup

It's very dangerous since I am not out myself, maybe I could do an online search that might work out.

4. airconditiong

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    if all else fails, we're here. :slight_smile:

5. middlebeast

you can think about distracting yourself. Find a hobby, join meetup.com and find a group that you have in common with.

6. turtlemom

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Maybe you would like to come live near your cousins in the U.S. Maybe that will be possible for you some day, its something to ponder anyway. :slight_smile:

7. tulipinacup

I've thought of that but the flight ticket is too expensive and if I were to go there I would probably have to work to provide myself with.

8. marriedover50

Do you live in one of the large cities in the Philippines? Are there no support groups at all for you in the Philippines? What would it take to be able to come out of the closet more?

9. tulipinacup

I live in a city. I don't think it's a large city but it's close to that. I asked my psychologist if she knows any and she said she doesn't due to how society hear treats gay people. I think I may just need a lot of thinking about this.