1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Girl of my Dreams

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by NewGirl24, May 22, 2014.

1. NewGirl24

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I met the weirdest, most awkward, and most beatiful girl. She has the most amazing personality and we've know each other for about a year and a half. I didn't know this until recently that a few years ago she had attempted suicide, much like I had earlier this year. She doesn't know I did, but knowing that we've shared emotions like this makes me love her even more. She's openly bisexual, whereas I'm deep into the dark, scary homosexual closet.

I know she cares for me and sometimes we just act like more than friends because it's just natural. I don't know how to tell her what I am or how I feel about her. I'm really good friends with her ex girlfriend too, so if you could include some advice on that too, that would be great! Thanks!

2. NewGirl24

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Is it bad I haven't gotten any replies?

3. gomez46356

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just try to get closer to her , see if she has any feelings for you. From what you say you guys seem close already so it shouldn't be too hard. be open about your sexuality, she won't judge .

4. all paths

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know it's always awkward to just bring up your attraction preferences out of the blue to anybody, but, I'd pick a somewhat private moment (away from crowds & other people) and just try to get up the courage to mention to her that you've been thinking on it for a while, and that you're pretty sure you're gay...but not out of the closet at all yet.

I think the conversation will just flow from there a bit. :slight_smile: As you two have more to talk about, perhaps, about your experiences with realizing about yourselves, I think you might get the chance to show her that you like her--without maybe necessarily needing to say so outright.

You could start by saying that you admire her "out"-ness, and how she seems to be comfortable with herself. Perhaps ask how she got to that point? And if she chooses to share some more in-depth stuff about her & the past--well then there you go!

If you listen well and take care to share to roughly the same depth that she does, I think a nice comfortable rapport might start to build automatically. But don't push, if she doesn't open up a lot right off. Just treat her the way you'd want to be treated, match the levels of sharing that she goes to, and maybe let her know that you enjoy talking to her or hanging out with her. Maybe stick your neck out there and ask if she'd like to go get a coffee or watch a movie you've been looking forward to seeing. Her response will probably tell you her level of interest in you, and/or if she has a significant other at this time (without having to ask her).

Good luck! :slight_smile:

5. MilesmilesMiles

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    If she is openly bisexual, I think she would understand if you came out to her. I hope it all goes well. :slight_smile: