1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One more thing I need to fix

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by JakeHas, May 23, 2014.

1. JakeHas

Seems I've been making a good amount of threads lately askig for help. Just around that time I guess! Hopefully I dont need to make anymore after this.
    So as said in one of my previous threads, my best friend just got a boyfriend and it put me in so much pain. We were as close as people get without dating. I never realized I had so many feelings for him and my heart just broke after he told me about it... Right now we arent talking hoping maybe we'll get over each other. But I dont like not talking to someone so suddenly that has been so close to me...
    So what I'm asking is, how can I finally lose those feelings towards him without not talking to him at all. Is there anything I can do? I really dont wanna lose the only person I can tell anything to...

2. middlebeast

My suggestion is to distract yourself by enjoying a hobby. That will create some distance, which is good for you and also good for him. He needs to know that you are still his best friend. Reality is, when we spend time 1 on 1 for a while, we idiolize that person. You share thoughts, feelings, secrets, etc.. It would sound very mature on your part if you give yourselves the distance, so you can find a hobby and he can enjoy his partnership.

To me it sounds like platonic love, which is normal between friends (Fun without fun) if you know what I mean.