1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My girlfriend is very close to her ex.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Joanna, May 24, 2014.

1. Joanna

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My girlfriend is best friend with her ex. After being together for 3 years my girlfriend broke up with her and they never moved out from the house they shared with two other people. Her ex is single since then.
    Year or so after my girlfriend had long distance relationship which ended up because the other girl didn't feel loved enough.
    We are together 9 months now, living in different cities so we see each other only during weekends.
    At the beginning I said nothing about this uncomfortable situation, that they still share the house, hug each other, spend every evening together and that I sleep in the bed they used to share for 3 years.
    Sometimes I get an impression that she values her opinion more than mine and that upsets me.
    Week ago I was told that her ex calls her Teddy and I was surprised, told her that it doesn't make me feel comfortable.
    Few days ago when my girlfriend was on the way home and we were on the phone she met her ex and said she will walk home with her.
    She knew it would upset me because I told her how I feel about when she puts me on hold to take phone call from her ex.
    They live together and yet she chose to walk back with her ex instead of staying on the phone with me.
    Because all of that I ask myself if I'm important to her and the fact that her previous girlfriend broke up with her for similar reason makes me think that my girlfriend can't fully commit to relationship because her ex is present in her live all the time.
    Just for the record I know that there is nothing between them and my girlfriend has no feelings for her ex. Although she doesn't think it's wrong to have a friendship like that and can't understand why I don't feel comfortable about it.
    I didn't say anything till few days ago and her response to that was "I tell her not to hug me when you are around" which I was very disappointed with:frowning2:
    Am I being jealous of that unusual friendship or am I right thinking that my girlfriend cannot commit to a relationship?