1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I keep ignoring my crush, don't know how to make it better. My routine life is ruined

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by rainbow ninja, May 24, 2014.

1. rainbow ninja

I don't know how to handle this anymore. Really need help.

A few months ago I realized that I have fallen for this girl. I barely know her but we work in the same place so sometimes we meet. She is kind of a friend of friend, so she knows me but we hardly speak. She is a femme and a bit shy. Though she didn't tell me directly, I managed to know that she is a lesbian and seems to be out to everyone. I am in closet but there is an incident that make her suspect that I am gay.

Since the incident she seems to be much nicer to me, she would say hello when we met, exchange a sort of eye contact that makes me really curious about her feeling. I mean, I can never be sure anyway if she really likes me, or just flirts with me for fun since she knows I like girl. Or probably she is just being friendly.

Anyway there was this one day where I met her near our work place and I waved at her but she ignored me completely (though she saw me). I know she might be tired or somewhat but can't stop the thought that I might creep her out.

After that day, whenever I meet her I will get super nervous and so I keep avoiding her .Now when we meet she would just walk pass me like I don't exist. :icon_sad:
    The wierd thing is that it makes me crush on her even harder. I become so obsessed with her and when I see her around my heart beat like hell.

This hurts so much and it really ruins my working mode and social life. My job is going really well now and I don't want it to be disrupted with this lovesickness.

I don't really know what to do. Half of me feels that she is probably not into me anyway and I should just keep ignoring her and move on, though the other half tells me to try to be more friendly with her and we could either end up being friend or even a lover. But how do I do, I mean can't really control myself when she is around :bang:

2. IG88

Re: I keep ignoring my crush, don't know how to make it better. My routine life is ru

Can you tell us what the incident was and how she reacted?

As far as I can tell, she's not going out of her way to be friendly with you. This could mean that she's just really focused on her job, or on the other hand purposely avoiding you. It could be somewhere in between those ideas.

Maybe she already has a girlfriend, so this could be why she's avoiding you. Over time, this crush will diminish.

3. rainbow ninja

Re: I keep ignoring my crush, don't know how to make it better. My routine life is ru

Hmm... I am not sure incident is the right word but basically we met at the place where straight people don't go. When she saw me she looked at me in the eye, like trying to tell me that she knows what I am. I didn't admit to her right away though.

It was me though that keep avoiding her first, I mean after being ignored once I got way too anxious and didn't respond to her eye contacts anymore. Then after a while she stop doing it and act like a stranger.

I think you are right, she is not really going out of her way. Probably she was just try to be friendly, but since I didn't do the same, she simply stop.

anymore thoughts:confused:?

4. Emmanuella

It could be a number of things. There is really no way to find out unless you find a way to talk to her. How long ago was the "incident" that you mentioned above? If it was less than a week or two ago, you could even find a way to bring that up and see how the convo goes from there.
    I know PLENTY or people who avoid /ignore people they are interested in. I do it all the time; some of my friends do the same. It's counter-productive, but also a protective thing, I think. The ignoring/not acknowledging you might not even be deliberate. Maybe she is just busy/lost in her own thoughts...could be anything really!?

5. oliro

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people

What ist he incident?

6. rainbow ninja

Hey thanks for the answers. I think the problem is that I keep avoiding her whenever we meet. how do I deal with this? Has anyone experienced this and managed to calm yourself down?
    I don't really know what is wrong with me, and I have been in relationships before and never experience this. Whenever she is around I often feel like whatever I do will creep her out, then I would avoid looking, talking or even walking pass her.

I mean I don't even hope for being together with her, it was just much nicer earlier when I wasn't that into her and could have a small talk and eye contact with her :bang:

7. IG88

You have to force yourself to play it cool. It's hard.

I've been around one guy who made me self conscious, heart rate go up, and really nervous. I've never experienced anything like it before but I had to play it cool on the outside, otherwise I'd look like a mess :slight_smile: