1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Showing affection

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by metoo, May 24, 2014.

1. metoo

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Last year, I had no friends, and I was really upset all the time, but this year, I have met an amazing person who connects with me really well. She is my best friend. I don't think I have a crush on her, and I really don't want to have one. I appriciate her because of her friendship that she has given me. She basically pulled me out of a terrible time in my life, and I am so thankful to her. How do I tell her how much she means to me without it comming across like I have a crush on her? (She know's I'm gay, and is totally cool with it)

Thanks

2. DangerAlex

You say to her pretty much what you've said here. Say that you don't want it to come off like you're IN love with her, but that she's your best friend and you love her in a friendly way. Like bromance, but for girls. But you don't want to keep saying "I love you, but it's not like that, it's really not like that" because if you're too insistent that your feelings aren't romantic, she'll think you're in denial or trying to hide your feelings.

So yeah, tell her you love her and that her friendship means a lot to you, but then clarify that it's not romantic love; you just think highly of her and her friendship. Keep it simple.

3. metoo

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Ok, thanksl :slight_smile: She is really good at reading people's signals about how they're feeling. I am also worried about her thinking I'm in denial about my feelings for her if I come across to insistent. She is super affectionate to me, and many times I mirror that because it feels natural.