1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what do you think of my roomate?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Johanz, May 24, 2014.

1. Johanz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey guys, so I live with my roommate since freshmen year, and we are going to be seniors now. I think he is really good looking and I use to have a crush on him. Well, no one knows I am attracted to guys too sooo yeahh... Anyways, I've considered him as one of my best friends he and I are very close.

Okay so I think he is straight, when we were freshmen he was dating this girl back in his hometown, yet we are still really close, I cuddle with him all the time and Im very confuse about the signals he is giving me. I've slept in his bed like a lot of times before and he slept at my bed before too. I always call him a faggot and he would just say NOOO you're gay in a obnoxious voice lol I am very close with this kid, like we use to be together all the time and i think at one point I got very infatuated with him. Summer came and we didn't talk at all I dont know why but our sophomore year, his girl friend lived with us so we weren't that close anymore. Because his girl friends is always there with him 24/7 which is annoying lol I miss him. But I wasn't feeling infatuated by him anymore. i just consider him as one of my brothers now. I think sophomore year he was really detached with most of us and our other circle of friends because of his GF. Anyways, I was distracted at my girlfriend at that time too.

Junior year, my roommate and his girl friend broke up over the summer and damn he is back in all our lives. We hang out a lot again. Well I still had another girlfriend but my roommate and I still hang out a lot. So i don't know my roommate and I are way too close again, like he would hug me all the time and he would come to my bed and stay there and give me hugs and sometimes he would grab my butt. Well I do all those things to him too lol... Anyways, he was also one of the reasons why I broke up with my girl friend, because at one point he was drunk and told me I should break up with her cuz our relationship is really shitty which I think it was that why I did well its not his fault our relationship wasn't working anyways. When we were both single our relationship even got weirder lol we cuddle everytime, and became even physically closer.. but he is banging this chick too, and I was banging a girl too. He slept in my bed for a week and i just let him, and i would try and mess around and play with him but he would just take my hands away..
    Also, there this one time that I made out with him, well it was more like me kissing him when we were drunk. I think it was hilarious.. At first, we were smoking cigar and I wanted to pass the smoke to him so I blow the smoke really close and it just got really close and pretty much kissed him. So I did it again, also through out the night I got even drunker and so did he so I kissed him for like 8 seconds and he stopped me after that but that was still pretty long. Yeah we got way to intimate and it happened a couple of times. So bottom line is what do u think of my roommate he says he is straight.. and I really think he is but when he is drunk he gets soo gay ahhaha Thank God I'm not into him anymore I think he is just one of my best friends... I really don't mind messing with him but I care so much about our friendship and it might get ruined if I pursue him . Im not sure if he genuinely thinks what we have is just a simple bromance... and I think it is.... ahhaha I'm not even really attracted to him anymore he is just a brother to me but our relationship is sooooooo weird.. So I dont think giving him a label is right but Idk would he bi,straight but curious?

#1 Johanz, May 24, 2014
    Last edited: May 24, 2014
  2. mangotree

Sounds like he's questioning just like you are, or just very openminded and likes physical contact with people.
    If you're not really attracted to him any more, why do you want to "pursue" him and/or find out if he's bi, straight/curious etc..?
    If you both enjoy the physical relationship that you have with each other, then just enjoy it in the moment and let it be what it is; 2 bro's being snuggly when they don't have girlfriends to be snuggly with. Kind of a runner up prize for 2 guys that don't have anyone else at the time.

Neglecting his friends and "bromances" when he has a girlfriend is pretty normal, especially in the beginning of a fun-filled new relationship. They tend to be joined at the hip. I wouldn't take it personally. Everyone does it.

Probably doesn't help much, but that's what I think.

Peace be with you both.

3. IG88

Cuddling, touching, kissing? All very gay sounding.

I wouldn't think he's totally gay. But curious and bisexual definitely sound like a possibility here. Then again, like mangotree said, why does it matter to you if you have no intent on pursuing him? Are you lovers or brothers? ... because you two don't act like either.

4. Johanz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    mangotree

well yeah, no your input definitely help, I was just curious I guess because we are going to be sharing a room together again next year and I was just wondering if he is actually bi. I don't know I don't mind being really close with him. I guess cuz at one point I did get really attracted to him and with us being very buddy buddy again I might develop that attraction again..

IG88

People already tease us for beinglovers cuz our bromance are just extreme lol.. I really dont know if he is gay or not. Well im not really pursuing him, and the kissing was just the drunken moments like I said he is very touchy when he is drunk. When I slept over at his bed I tried touching his junk and he laugh and took my hands away. I was just wondering if he also feel attracted to me I guess..

#4 Johanz, May 25, 2014
    Last edited: May 25, 2014
  5. DangerAlex

Sounds to me like he's curious enough to kiss you when drunk and cuddle with you when sober, but he seems to draw the line at you trying to touch his dick. Sounds like he was a good sport about that though since he just laughed it off. I'd say he's just got a touch of curiosity. If he ever let's you start playing with his dick, then maybe more than just a touch.