1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does he have a crush on me

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by RyStwrt, May 25, 2014.

1. RyStwrt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey People, this is my first post here.

So basically I'm 14 gay and in the closet (except to a few people) and there is this boy in my business studies class and PE class, that seems to like me. He always kind of hinted to me that he's gay, but i first kind of noticed that he was hinting to me when he found out the name of my YouTube channel (Cringe worthy I know) and then (not at all sexually) I told him I'd do anything if he told no one the name, to which he replied a very sexual remark, and we kind of flirted based of that, but I didn't think much of it, but lately he's been doing a bit more, there's the usual eye contact with the smiles, and the compliments and unessacery touching, but he's been moving next to me in PE when I'm getting changed and stuff, and the other day some of the other boys put a spider down my back (so I as usual screamed at the top of my lungs, so he came over to me lifted up my top and said he was checking for the spider, and then rubbed my side, basically, do you think this guy is gay, and how do I flirt with him without shouting my sexuality in his face? Thanks

2. DangerAlex

It definitely sounds like he's interested, at least it sounds that way to me. Most straight guys refrain from unnecessary touching of other guys, and the fact that he lifted up your shirt and rubbed your side is kind of telling.

If you want to return his flirting without explicitly saying you're into him, try doing some of the things that he's doing that you just told us about. Sit next to him, approach him when he's near, talk to him whenever you have the opportunity, make eye contact and smile... When you're sitting next to each other side by side, try moving your leg to that it's resting against his. If he's interested, he'll probably leave his leg there so that his is continuously touching yours. After a while, maybe add a little pressure; press your leg up against his lightly... Not enough to push his leg, but just a light amount of pressure so that he's aware you're touching his leg on purpose. He may end up pushing back against your leg, in which case you could rub your legs together. This is just a subtle way of making each other aware of your interest.

When you feel comfortable, you could place your hand on your leg while this is happening, and then kind of move your hand over so that a couple of your fingers are touching his leg, or maybe on his leg, and see how he responds. Like I said, these are just subtle ways of letting him know you're interested, ways that I've heard work for others.

Or, you could just talk to him and tell him! Good luck!

3. RyStwrt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks, I was just wondering. Say if I did want him to start to reliase my intentions, what other stuff could I say/do if I did want him to know I was gay. Eg. Hugs

4. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're in a pretty safe position because he's definitely being quite touchy :grin:

Here are some things you can do:
    - Be touchy with him. Put your hand on his shoulder, press your leg up, hug him randomly etc.
    - Keep smiling and talking to him a lot. Maybe tell him he's cute subtly.
    - Invite him to do stuff with you outside of school. If he likes you, I'm sure he'll want to hang out with you :slight_smile:
    - Get closer to him as a friend (this is done by hanging out a lot together)
    - Maybe when you're a bit closer to him you can come out to him
    - If you think the time is right, you could also tell him your feelings

I hope this goes well. It's so cute!!

Good luck and let us know how it goes :grin:

5. DangerAlex

Yeah hugs could be a way to do that. Most guys don't hug. There's the bro-hug but that's usually among really good guy friends. Hugging a crush is different. You could also try suggestive and flirtatious jokes... I'm sure you've heard of "That's what she said" haven't you? Well you could always say "That's what he said" instead. It's a subtle way of hinting at your orientation. And people usually respond well to joking and playing around.

I've also heard of people tickling their crush as a way of flirting. Just a light pinch on his stomach or side, not any long drawn-out tickling. More like a short, friendly poke or pinch that might make him giggle. That kind of playful touching is very flirtatious is many contexts.

Touch in general is a good way of letting him know you're interested. Most guys don't touch each other very much, so finding little ways to be touching him--though not excessively or in a creepy way, use your best judgment--could be a good idea.

Hope this helps.

6. RyStwrt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks, anyone else got any other ideas.

7. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Welcome to EC. :slight_smile:

While there are some signs and there is a possibility that he likes you and is attracted to you, you always want to be careful with jumping to conclusions, in particular when it comes to somebody else's sexual orientation. Some guys really like to hug, while others don't. Some guys are quite comfortable with being close to others, while others are not.

I would suggest, and rather than responding in kind, is to speak with him and ask him, "do you like me?". Responding in kind, creates the potential for you to set up yourself for a disappointment in the end. Being flirtatious with him, and touching his legs, etc, it is possible that you will start creating expectations that might never be fulfilled. For all intents and purposes, he might just want to see how you react or what you do. Reading over what you have said, there seems to be slowly an escalation in the things he does do.

Now, there is one or two question(s) you have to ask yourself: what are your feelings for him? Are you attracted to him?

8. TheSoleOne

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is how my relationship started. I myself am quite in the closet, but Im dating someone who I really love. What you should do is reply positively to his touching and flirts.

If he hugs you, hug him back.

Best of luck :')

9. RyStwrt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Update: :grin: It all went swimmingly well

10. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status: