1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Never done this before...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by somegirl, May 26, 2014.

1. somegirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So if any of you have read my previous posts you'll know for the past 4(ish) years I've been in love with my best friend. I think enoughs enough and I'm gunna tell her how I feel. I know she won't say the same back, she's straight, she's got a boyfriend, she likes guys. I know that. But I feel like the only way to move on and stop hurting myself like this is to tell her. It's making me relapse and get quite depressed again (i don't want to go on about it on here, if you want to talk about it pm me or ask for my tumblr URL, I don't mind just don't wanna post on here about it :slight_smile: ) anyway, the thing is, I've never told anyone I've loved them because there's never been anyone else, and I just wandered if there were any tips or advice anyone could give me to help. I was thinking of asking her to meet up in town one day in the next couple of weeks, we could get a costa and talk about it. Is that ok? She knows there's something that's upsetting me and I said I would tell her in the next few weeks, so I will definitely be doing this. I just need as much help and advice as all of you can give me! Thankyou so much! (&&&)

2. what827

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    That sounds like a great plan to me :slight_smile: Does she already know you're lesbian? It sounds like you're hung up on her and if you think telling her how you feel will help you move on, it might be a good idea. But, on the other hand, you might want to wait until she doesn't have a boyfriend out of respect for him.

3. somegirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Well she's gunna break up with him pretty soon and I'm also gunna wait until after our prom and when I know for sure I got a place at the college I've applied for. I've covered all bases to make sure that if she wants to leave then it'll be at a time when I won't have to see on her on a daily basis etc, it won't be so hurtful. I will also have the summer to move on. So I think the timing is better now than it ever will be. I just don't want her to leave me but she keeps promising she never could leave me even if I was a murderer, that's the one thing I am scared of though.. But I think she would prefer to know and see me getting back on my feet and be happy again to be honest. I hope so anyway. But thankyou for the reply. :slight_smile: and yes she's one of the few people that know I'm a lesbian. :slight_smile:

4. what827

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    The timing sounds great then :slight_smile: and I bet going to college you will make lots of new friends and be able to move on if necessary. But, who knows, she might return the feeling and you'll never know unless you tell her!! Good luck :slight_smile:

5. somegirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    No, I'm like 99% certain she won't say the same back the 1% is cus you can never know for certain but this I do. I'm doing it so I can move on, it has been 4 years so I hope she understands that. :slight_smile: x

6. what827

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm sure she will understand just make it clear that you needed to tell her before you leave so you could move on. But you hope to still be friends regardless :slight_smile: