1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by bridgehead, May 27, 2014.

1. bridgehead

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi everyone,

I met this guy on line a few months ago when he approached me. We talked and texted a lot and spoke every day on Skype. He told me many personal things which were quite traumatic. We were getting on very well and both had strong feelings for the other and talking about meeting up. My online friend recently came out as gay which wasnt a problem for me and I told him just to take his time.
    One night we were texting and his best friend looked through his phone and found out. Anyway then last week this best friend who is married tells him he has feelings for him. On top of that he stayed over many times at my friend's place. My friend has some serious psychological problems and sometimes his friend used to stay over. I suggested he tell his friend as at least he could help him face to face where I could only provide verbal support. He did. Next thing I know his friend is texting me telling me he is touching his hand and hugging which I wasnt particularly happy about and the first strain on our friendship occurred.
    I was told they were going abroad together which I was very uneasy about after this. Stupidly I encouraged them which was very difficult and something did happen, however I regretted that and could not handle it afterwards.
    My friend has said all along that he doesnt want to get into a relationship yet but yet he says he loves me and vice versa. After they connected the best friend was going to be leaving his wife and I was again very uneasy. However after a massive row with my friend his friend encouraged me to hang around. Another massive row ensued and my friend assured my he was not with the other guy nor would he be. He wanted to get to know me. I wasn't convinced but then the next day an accident occurred and his friend was very short with me as if he had been told to back off. Even though they are away my friend and I are in contact for several hours during the day.

I dont want to get hurt and was going to get out but now I am not so sure? The situation is very complex which I cannot discuss.

If anybody has any advice I would appreciate it. My heart is chugging and I am still leaning towards moving on.

2. bridgehead

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ok - strange as it may seem - this is now resolved.

It was an odd situation but I have spoken to both people and believe them and that comes from someone who finds it hard to trust.

I will press on and see what happens.....