1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need advice!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Jun, May 27, 2014.

1. Jun

Jun

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi guys,

I've been dating this guy for only 3 weeks now. He confessed to me that he actually fell in love with me very quickly. I never had any feelings for him in the beginning, but they are developing and I feel closer and closer to him everyday.

Anyway, I just have the feeling he's a bit of a dramaqueen when it comes to us. I can easily see or feel when someone is down -he was- so I approached him. Simply asking if he was alright. He got defensive in a way and kept deflecting everything I said, while I genuinely tried my best to provide him attention and help. The stress he went through got to him and he took it out on me.

Basically, he told me that he just worries about his life a lot, he feels like he's being squeezed out. Time is ticking and he's very unsure about his future. (film director if you need the details). Which is all understandable, but what should I do? Talk to him further about this? Drop small messages to check up on him from time to time? Or should I just completely leave him alone. I care about him and of course I would like him to know, but I also want to provide him with space for himself. What to do?:bang:

2. pmraiders74

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You seem like such a genuine person, and i really admire how much you care. However, I feel like this situation needs some time to breathe. He's feeling down now, and probably will be for another couple days, but it will eventually pass. Keep reminding him that these feelings will pass and keep an open hear for him, if he continues to feel this depressed (for more than a few days) then I think you could take a more proactive role. But for right now it seems like he just needs someone to remind him that it will all be alright.

3. Jun

Jun

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey, thanks for saying that. You were totally right! I actually just send him pictures of myself and some of my classmates during the day while I was at my university, to just show him that I'm still here. And I'm not planning on going anywhere anytime soon. Last night, he apologised for being a bit dramatic and lashing out on me. He feels like I start to understand him more if I provide him with more space and he feels he's actually growing closer to me when I do provide him his personal space. I had to accept the fact that I'm absolutely not the only one that revolves around his world. Had to realise that I shouldn't take his lashings too personal while growing thicker skin. Everything is fine now, and I'm so glad he's talking to me again!