1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't understand my family

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Sam2, May 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam2

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    ^^ pretty self explanatory, one second on my side, telling me I am a good person or something nice. then later cussing at me and calling me a faggot. Normally I culd just leave but I just had surgery so I cant drive, my only real strategy is telling them to F*** off. I don't like talking to my rents like that, but I don't know how else to tell them to leave me alone. I know there are other asshole parents out there. So I guess I was just wondering how anyone else deals with it? or if you have any ideas, I'm all ears. any input is appreciated. (other than the obvious one of moving out. I'm currently saving up to do that)

2. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Your probably just gonna have to deal with it and have patience if your already planning on moving out but do they know your gay or not, just wondering

3. Claudette

Claudette Guest

If you have just recently come out, those times when they lash out at you may stem from their own denial, or their own (religious) beliefs.
    If it is indeed denial, next time they lash out at you, just reply with "I love you". This will throw them off their feet, as they expect a curse rebuttal.
    The key to it is, letting them know you're still their loving son, with time they will come to recognize their misdoings. That your life is going to be hard enough, they shouldn't need to add misery to it, being your parents it should only be love; unconditional.

4. Sam2

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    yea, my parents know I'm gay. and there not even religious. I think they say it just to hurt me :frowning2: but idk. you might be right though Claudette, they probably just need time to get used to it. idk, it's been a few months since I told them, so i really dont know

5. markosss

You need to give them some time to accept you, if they willing to....im still in the closet so I dont really have this problems.my parents dont seem homophobic but I dont how will thay react when I tell them.I am planing to do it later when I have my own house and job.good luck in whatever you do

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.