1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does she like me?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Kayclou, May 28, 2014.

1. Kayclou

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I really like this girl in my class. I think she may be straight, but I'm not too sure. Since I kind of just met her(does 2 months ago count as just?), I thought I was just being kind of silly and tried to dismiss my feelings. But, after getting to know her more, all I can ever think of day and night is her. Anyways, I want to know how she feels about me, but I can't decide if she's just being friendly or flirting with me. She's incredibly shy, but with me(and another girl) I suppose she feels comfortable enough to open up a bit, she keeps teasing/touching me, but it's like she's just having some fun. Sometimes she kind of gives these glances, like if I happen to catch her looking at me, she either quickly turns away, or gives me this super adorable smile and does this thing with her eyes. I don't think she knows that I'm into girls, but she might since I'm known to be really obvious when I like a person. I told one of my friend's how I felt about this girl, she said she could kind of tell and that maybe she likes girls, but it didn't go more than that because it was kind of obvious how uncomfortable she was talking about it. Oh, and there was this thingy that happened yesterday, she was asking me about something, then it just went kind of awkward, 'cause we're both kind of shy, but then her best friend came and sat down next to us, and the girl I liked started to sing "I kissed a girl" and her best friend smiled at me. I'm not sure if that's just a coincidence or something... And another thing, I don't really think she's into girls because she's usually just talking about boys, so you know. Anyway, I'd really like to know if there's a chance that she maybe likes me back? I hope she does, but I don't really see that happening, perhaps just a little hope that she does though. Sometimes I think she likes me, but others I just think I'm reading to much into it and seeing what I want to see.

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Why don't you come out to her first? When you say that, the natural response from most people is to state their own sexuality or at least their opinion.

3. Kayclou

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think I kind of ruined coming out to her, because around the time we just met, I might have been trying to hide my feelings too much and was panicking like crazy, that when her best friend asked if I was bisexual, I denied it(she was sitting right there). So I pretty much made things even worse...T-T

I've been thinking of maybe trying to ask her best friend about it(I know she's bisexual, so I thought she might know/understand), but I'm not too sure how to even go about that since I'm not that close to her.

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's okay to apologize for your denial. It's hard to admit to someone else questioning you, even if they're gay/bi. I did the same thing when this [straight] girl asked if I knew about a certain gay dating app, which I denied. She apologized, but I'm pretty sure she got the idea from this gay guy we both worked with.

Asking her best friend is a good idea. Actually, you could apologize and come out to the best friend alone, and then you could say you were nervous saying things in front of this girl. That should make the best friend explain whether this girl would have liked this or not (i.e. whether she is gay/bi or straight).