1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does it sound like we're dating to YOU?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by cannotcompete, May 28, 2014.

1. cannotcompete

Ive recently come out to a few more people as bi (I tell them im just bi so i dont have to linger on sapiosexuality) and two of my closer friends have started... 'Shipping' me (shipping means expressing the opinin that you want two people, often fictional, to date) with another one of my girlfriends- girlfriend in the sense of a close female friend, not a person im dating. Only, i dont know if we are dating or not. She is also bi, and about a month ago now she asked me out, but since she isnt out to as many people as me (her family is very homophobic and she is paranoid someone will tell them if her secret gets out), we cant really do anything just on our own. Im out to most of the people in our friendship group apart from about five (out of 17ish people) so it would be easier for me, and i honestly dont care what everyone else would think if i just kissed her. But since she is so afraid, i feel i cant so anything without possibly exposing her, which is certainly not what i want. Only one of my friends knows she asked me out.

Im sorry for the word vomit.

Really, i am.

Basically i dont know what to feel about it. The two people that ship us (one being the friend that knows she asked me out) say we exhibit the signs of a 'married couple':

-Finishing each others quotes/sentences
    -Being maybe a bit more touchy-feely innoublic than two besties
    -Winking/flirting CONSTANTLY
    -Accidentally making contact in innapropriate places but not really caring all that much
    -Shitting each other off but forgiving immediately
    -Saying 'I love you' ironically

I get it, we are very obvs flirting but to anyone who doesnt know my sexuality is it that obvious or does it just look like we are very close friends?

I am so thankful for any support :slight_smile:

2. WearyWanderer

There definitely seems to be a connection there. Why don't you just try to hang out more with her, alone? Just kind of inconspicuous things, like going to the movies or just hanging out at her house. Nothing that's a dead giveaway that you two are actually dating. But I mean, if she asked you out, then she definitely has some interest. If you aren't sure that you're dating though, then maybe actually trying to make some of these moves like this will help you find out.
    Just my two cents, though. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

3. cannotcompete

Thanks a lot for your help :slight_smile: